Company: CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO
Posted on: May 24, 2023
The Staff Accountant is given a wide variety of diversified accounting assignments such as preparing and reviewing financial documents, reports, and statements under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the CFO with all accounting operations and functions.
- Manages and oversees various duties related to Public Funds
- Assist in reporting unclaimed property to the state.
- Prepares and maintains prepaid expense and accrued expense schedules.
- Aids in preparation and review of the investment portfolio reconciliation.
- Works with the CFO to set and prepare the bank's weekly and monthly rates.
- Aids in preparation and review of reports presented to the Board of Directors.
- Aids in preparation and review of various workpapers to support the CFO, including the Call Report.
- Completes all required annual compliance training including BSA.
BS/BA in Finance, Business or Accounting preferred.
Training and Experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience; financial services experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe PDF.
- Strong understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Attention to detail.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work involves extensive use of computers and may include occasional pushing, pulling or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Must be able to speak clearly and hear and understand normal conversations in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the normal hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This position will be based at one of our branches in either Baton Rouge or Plaquemine, LA. A hybrid of in-person and/or remote work is available. Occasional travel to branch locations for meetings is required and will primarily occur during the normal workday.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled
Keywords: CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO, Baton Rouge , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Plaquemine, Louisiana
here to apply!