Front Office Supervisor/Front Desk
Company: Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR DEPARTMENT: Guest
ServicesREPORTS TO: Guest Services ManagerSTATUS: Non-ExemptJOB
Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Guest
Services Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and
efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout
their stay, while maximizing room revenue and
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At lease 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or
related field required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure
situations, including ability to handle guest objections and
disputes to satisfactory results.Job Description
- Must be able to show initiative job performance, including
anticipating what needs to he done before it becomes a
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including, preventing, identifying and solving problems as
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co- workers and
- Must be able to work and understand financial information and
data, and basic arithmetic functions.DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service- oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Expotel
Hospitality Service standards, as required by scheduling, which
will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when
- Comply at all times with Expotel Hospitality Service standards
and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly,
helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front
Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently
underway as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Follow and enforce all Expotel Hospitality Service hotel credit
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room
rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been
accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
all standards are met, if applicable.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with
fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that employees are following and
maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests,
guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are check in/out in a
friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and
duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and
efficient manner.Job Description
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
- Run room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary
information to affected departments and individuals.
- Monitor Key control to maintain hotel security.Marginal:
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional
- Be involved in departmental meeting, planning, and
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted
- Assist in training and cross training of new hires and current
employees on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as required by
management.EOE/AA/M/F/D/V*E-Verify Participant Job Type:
Full-timePay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilityApplication Question(s):
- Were you referred by a current (employee) ambassador?Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, Baton Rouge , Front Office Supervisor/Front Desk, Administration, Clerical , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!