Catholic Religious Education Coordinator
Company: Sanford Federal
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Sanford Federal (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a
Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal
professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced
information technology, cyber security, management systems support,
as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers
of technology solutions to the United States government. Our
mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information
technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve,
and protect the American people.
Job Title: Catholic Religious Education (RE) Coordinator
Based at: Barksdale AFB, LA 71110
Job Summary: in Barksdale AFB, LA. We are looking for a candidate
who can provide program or support functions for the implementation
of a comprehensive Catholic RE and Sacramental Preparation
requirements. Our ideal candidate succeeds at providing relevant
work experience in Religious Education, also, demonstrates an
adequate education and background in this field, and fully capable
of accomplishing his duties in such an effective and efficient
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following
- Bachelor of Art, Theology/faith
formational/Catechesis/Religious educated, or related field is
preferred. Documented evidence of educational and work background
- Have at least one year teaching experience in a Catholic
- Experience in a military setting is preferred.
- Professionally work in an ecumenical and pluralistic multi-
faith environment consistent with the United States Air Force
Chaplain Corps, maintaining a harmonious relationship with
designated personnel as well as chapel staff and chapel volunteers.
- Skills and Language:
- Professionally work well with others under the direction of
designated personnel and in a public forum.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are
- Actively participate in the Barksdale Catholic Chapel Program
by becoming visibly known within the Catholic parish
- attend weekly Mass and other chapel programs.
- Demonstrate ability to professionally coordinate and work in
multi-denominational settings. Be a positive. self-directed, and
- Proficient in use of both Microsoft Suite and social media
- Recruit teachers, publicly recognizing teacher and class
accomplishments and encouraging RE attendance.
- Be able to lift items up to fifty (5O) pounds.
- Duties: the candidate will be responsible for:
- Develop a yearly continuing RE program for all parishioners of
the Catholic Parish.preschool through adults.
- In coordination with the designated personnel, the Contractor
will develop an annual fiscal year budget (1 Oct - 30 Sep) in
writing for all religious education programs.
- Select all materials used in the RE program with the approval
of the Catholic Chaplain. RE Coordinator will work closely with the
account manager on proper accounting procedures.
- Submit all funds requests at least five (5) days in advance to
the designated personnel for purchasing RE items.
- Develop and plan for registration of activities, recruitment of
teachers and quarterly training of volunteers/workers participating
in the CCD programs.
- Develop and coordinate digital outreach.
- Coordinate youth and young adult ministry outreach events as
- Prepare religious education publicity as required for digital
outreach and chapel bulletins in advance of the activity or
- Recruit and train teachers and volunteers to implement an
ecumenical Vacation Bible School and ensure new students are
contacted and welcomed to the Chapel RE program.
- Establish a biweekly program to ensure teachers contact all
- Provide designated personnel with monthly number of
participants, volunteers andevents for monthly reports no later
than the last day or each month.
- Invoice and Payment Procedures: Provide a Monthly Statement of
Contract Services with a log after the last day of each month to
the RE Chaplain for approval of services rendered.
- Assist in the preparation of MAJCOM and Wing directed
- Provide a monthly report to the Parish Advisory Council.
- Ensure CCD rooms are open, and equipment is ready for use
fifteen (15) minute s before starting time. Also ensure all CCD
programs are on the chapel facility calendar. RE Coordinator will
ensure teachers/students clean up after every program.
- Attend monthly Parish Advisory Council meetings, providing
religious education reports as directed by designated personnel. RE
Coordinator will report weekly to the designated personnel and
attend weekly staff meetings unless excuse d by the designated
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving
our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions
for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our
nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence
communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our
soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to
highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all
qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sanford Federal, Baton Rouge , Catholic Religious Education Coordinator, Education / Teaching , Amelia, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!