Middle School Math Teacher
Company: Democracy Prep Public Schools
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Democracy Prep Public schools seeks a Middle School Math Teacher
to join us as an immediate hire for the 2022-2023 school year.
Who You Are
- An educator with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep
mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our
- An outstanding classroom teacher who holds scholars to
consistently high behavioral and academic expectations through high
- A self-reflective and self-aware teammate who is dedicated to
aligning their classroom to Democracy Prep's commitment to
antiracism and who is eager to use these skills to contribute to a
culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A results-driven assessor with experience in and commitment to
the use of data analysis to drive instructional decisions and
- A professional with deep content-area expertise, who engages
scholars with differentiation and strong execution of high-quality
curriculum and prepares rigorous and engaging lessons through
strong lesson planning.
- A graduate of a Bachelor's degree program (required), with 2
years of teaching in urban areas and state certification
What You'll Do
- Work to ensure that scholars enjoy a classroom culture
characterized by high expectations and high support.
- Create an inclusive classroom and school community by engaging
in training, reflection, and dialogue around issues of race,
identity, diversity, equity, and inclusion for our staff and
- Plan and prepare for effective implementation of a coherent,
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine
curricula and instructional practice.
- Maintain strong relationships with scholars, families, and
colleagues through effective and frequent communication.
- Continuously improve your professional practice through weekly
coaching sessions, professional development, and collaborative,
data-driven reflection with department and grade-level teams.
- Cultivate the social-emotional well-being of all scholars by
building a positive classroom culture that leverages strong
partnerships with scholars, their families, and the school's
scholar support team.
- Foster a life of active citizenship for all scholars through
the implementation of age-appropriate conversations and activities
centered on current events, participation in community service and
outreach opportunities, and active celebration o f scholars'
culture, heritage, and identity .
- Engage in whole-school events and tasks, including transitions,
family conferences, tutoring, and other activities/duties as needed
and assigned by school leadership.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that
includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching,
parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age,
physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence
victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis
under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our
mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change
the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that
represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we
can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support
and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Keywords: Democracy Prep Public Schools, Baton Rouge , Middle School Math Teacher, Education / Teaching , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!