Automotive Lead Technician - $3000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Cox Enterprises
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Primary Location: 8770 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 219158
Eligible for a $3,000 Sign On Bonus $1,500 after completion of 30
days with CEI and $1,500 upon completion of 180 days with CEI.
Job Description :
This position is a producing, Master-level technician who provides
direction, leadership and technical expertise to all other shop
personnel with a focus on exceptional customer satisfaction in a
cost-effective manner. This position is primarily responsible for
directing work activities of other employees to meet production and
quality goals established by management and is responsible for
leading all shop activities in the absence of the Manager or
- Perform Preventive Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel
filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for
mechanical deficiencies. Perform light and major repairs. Perform
advanced vehicle diagnostics. Will have direct interaction with
customers and display exceptional interpersonal skills while
driving service centers performance with the highest integrity and
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and
maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components,
tires, tune-ups, suspension components, aerial lifts, electrical
systems, State Safety Inspections, interior/exterior components,
engine and drive line components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. (cable trailers, laptop docking
- Keep shop area clean and tidy. Perform work in accordance to
safety standards. Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner and in
accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintains vehicle history and maintenance records.
May up-fit new vehicles with necessary equipment.
- Performs more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, design,
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with
vendors for parts and repairs. May perform roadside assistance as
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment
design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting
and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical
systems, hybrids, and on-board computer systems.
- Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and
replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A Lead
Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs;
including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions,
steering/suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions
testing, maintenance services, HVAC, major engine and
- Has medium/heavy truck experience, booms/hydraulics,
electrical, any complex repairs, design and fabrication.
- Skilled on diesel and transmission repairs.
- Will possess advanced knowledge and advanced troubleshooting
skills to resolve complex repairs.
- Master level Technicians must be skilled and able to work on
multiple applications, from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks,
Mechanical Equipment, Machinery, Passenger Vehicles, and more.
- Shop responsibilities may include scheduling repairs and
maintenance, maintaining parts and supply inventories and assisting
Area Manager in maintaining relationships with local vendors,
dealers and sublet repair facilities for compliance with our
processes and policies.
- Will maintain all shop tools to ensure they are current in
service, repair and relative. Will be able to identify the shop
tool needs and communicate with leadership.
- Is responsible for supervising shop productivity, providing
work direction, and identifying priorities to a small staff of
Technicians. May assist Area Manager in other duties including but
not limited to: training compliance for shop personnel, monitoring
and obtaining HR compliance with PTO, PVO holidays, time
- Will ensure all SOPs are implemented at the shop to ensure
compliance with Company standards.
- Must be a self-starter, open minded and have the ability to
deal with change and lead a team to overcome obstacles in a
constructive and positive manner.
- All other duties as assigned related to normal business of a
mechanical repair facility.
- Contribute to maintaining shop morale through appropriate
distribution of work and by providing technical expertise and
effective guidance and coaching to other shop employees. Act as
primary assistant to manager or supervisor in assigning and
directing the work of shop employees.
- Perform quality control checks on all work; notify immediate
supervisor of exceptional or unsatisfactory work, employee-related
problems or other factors hindering work accomplishment.
- Orient, train and instruct new and current employees regarding
job functions/tasks expected of them, when needed.
- Assist with inventory management and ensure that all shop
equipment, supplies and tools are in good, clean working order at
- Report theft, damage, or any/all safety concerns to
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety
and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety
activities aligned with Safety Excellence. Lead responsibility for
safety, compliance with OSHA, EPA and all local codes in
conjunction with shop manager.
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan, and
continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality
work product, and effective customer service; review departmental
performance against key performance indicators and metrics to
develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an
example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring
that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee
and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. Qualifications:
Job Qualifications :
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of automotive service and repair experience;
minimum of 1 year of customer service experience with prior
supervisory experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain Master Level ASE
certification within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to
meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds (tools,
- Transmission experience preferred.
- Diesel experience preferred.
- Master level techs must be versed to work on multiple
application from Light-Duty to Class A-Heavy Trucks, Mechanical
Equipment, Machinery, Passenger Vehicles, and more.
- Requires extensive training and certification accompanied with
a preferred 5-10 years of hands-on diesel repair experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for
medium and heavy truck applications.
- Must be able to obtain Class A or B Operators License if
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit strong leadership, communication, and customer service
skills. Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page ...... click apply for full job
Keywords: Cox Enterprises, Baton Rouge , Automotive Lead Technician - $3000 Sign-On Bonus, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!