Senior DevOps Infrastructure Terraform Engineer
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 13, 2022
At Perficient youll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And youll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the worlds
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
Were proud to be publicly recognized as a Top Workplace year after
year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
The Perficient DevOps practice is a national business unit focused
on continuous improvement across the software delivery
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior DevOps
Infrastructure Engineer in a national business unit
As an Senior DevOps Infrastructure Engineer, you will participate
in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes
estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation,
testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our
clients in the cloud and on premise platforms. You will be an
active contributor in a diverse team environment with account
representatives, fellow architects, DevOps engineers and
application developers who are all at different stages of their
career and skill levels.
You will be expected to lead the technical planning & requirements
gathering phases of the DevOps engagements including estimate,
develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver. You will
support the technical development and continual improvement of
devops service. You will develop and maintain effective working
relationships with team members. You will demonstrate the ability
to adapt and work with team members of various experience
- Support projects within architecture. Work with Product
Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and
interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design,
develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and
creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities,
through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical
dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams
building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required
capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to
determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to
meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting
significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the
immediate team and driving change
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience developing using Terraform Enterprise
- Experience with Terraform and development of Terraform reusable
- Experience working with AWS resources (i.e. BeanStalk, VPC,
IAM, S3, Lambda )
- Passionate DevOps engineers with a minimum 2 years of
professional experience with DevOps principles, practices and
- Recent project implementations with Terraform
- Experience with agile project management methodologies (i.e.
Scrum, SAFe, KanBan)
- Scripting experience with languages like Python, Bash,
PowerShell, Ruby, Groovy
- Understanding of software delivery methodology
- Ability to communicate effectively in English via multiple
channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Desire to learn
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills And Education
- Hashicorp Infrastructure Automation Certification
- Experience working in a professional services company,
consulting firm, or agency
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex
and/or large consulting projects.
- Software development skills in Python, Go, C#
- Knowledge and experience in leading software development
efforts using agile methodologies as well as DevOps processes/tools
- Strong experience with Cloud PaaS and/or certifications in
similar Cloud/PaaS platforms are desired
- Track record of delivering solutions within defined
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Desire to lead and mentor team
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient
Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding
digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's
professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North
America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell
2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete
statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential
functions performed by the employee assigned to this
classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change
the duties of the position at any time.
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, Baton Rouge , Senior DevOps Infrastructure Terraform Engineer, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!