Process Engineer IV
Company: CDI Engineering Solutions
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Process Engineer IV
Job Summary: Lead and contribute to the process design team in
developing heat and material balances, hydraulic calculations,
process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams that are
required to size and specify petrochemical process equipment
including reactors, fractionation towers, fired heaters, pumps,
compressors, heat exchangers, pipe systems and other related
equipment. Job Responsibilities:
- Lead Process engineering teams on multiple projects occurring
simultaneously at differing phases and completions points.
- Develop process engineering simulations and hydraulic modeling
for both new and existing process equipment.
- Perform required calculations and hydraulic modeling piping
- Perform pressure relief calculations and the design for
equipment over pressure protection.
- Develop process engineering project deliverables such as
Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Process and Instrument Diagrams
- Fulfill process engineering lead role from Front End Loading
(FEL) through Detail Design (DD) phases of project
- Interfaces with management, other disciplines, and client
personnel to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Prepares process design and engineering for mechanical
equipment such as tanks, pumps and compressors.
- Developed process equipment design, hydraulic calculations,
process chemistry and heat and material balances, and design of new
- Developed new projects from conception to implementation. Field
work may be required to identify project scope, requirements, and
- Process simulations experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Client focused team member that is committed to technical
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer, or willing to
commit to receiving one in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Ten years minimum experience in process engineering and process
- AspenTech Software: Aspen Software - Hysys, HTRI.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification form
upon hire. CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V
Employer. APPLY TODAY!
Keywords: CDI Engineering Solutions, Baton Rouge , Process Engineer IV, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!