Process Engineer II
Company: Hargrove Engineers & Constructors
Posted on: September 21, 2022
OverviewEducation: Bachelor or Master of Science degree in
Chemical, Mechanical, Biochemical, or Petroleum Engineering from an
accredited university is required.Registration: Engineer in
Training (EIT) registration is strongly preferred and may be
required. Professional Engineering registration or CPIP
certification is preferred upon eligibility.Experience: This
position requires 2+ years of relevant industrial experience in
chemical, petroleum, or biochemical process design engineering.Day
to day plant support and troubleshooting - Define and execute
optimization studies/projects - Lead capital projects as the
interface between Client and the engineering firm - Evaluate site
PRVs and equipmentResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities will
include but not be limited to:
- Promoting the culture of working safely and applying safety
related concepts into process design.
- Familiarity with and utilizing department standards,
procedures, and guidelines.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design
criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
- Assisting in developing conceptual layouts and cost studies as
necessary to determine the simplest, most efficient approach to
solving engineering tasks at hand.
- Assisting in producing estimate level preliminary designs and
material take-offs suitable for the level of the estimate being
performed on a project.
- Assisting in producing detail design calculations and sketches
for materials of construction associated with the project.
Calculations produced will be neatly prepared and organized for
efficient checking by others and efficient use by
drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as a deliverable when
- Assisting in producing designs with efficient use of
construction materials with an overall emphasis on ease of
construction and completed product meeting the expectations of the
- Checking calculations made by other engineers to ensure
accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and
conformance to good engineering practice.
- Assisting the drafting group in resolving routine layout and
detailing problems. Responsible for furnishing sufficient sketches
and details necessary for completion of engineering drawings.
- Consulting with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure
the smooth flow of vital information necessary for the scheduled
completion of the project.
- Advising the Lead Engineer concerning design or scope
- Assisting in checking vendor drawings and other discipline
drawings for chemical/process input.
- Assisting in reviewing fabrication drawings and other
construction submittals for conformance to engineering drawings and
- Performing fieldwork necessary to gather field data, check
tie-ins and provide construction support.
- Knowledgeable of the discipline specific methods, practices and
techniques required to engineer, design and construct process and
- Participating in professional society meetings to make new
business contacts and keep current with new developments in the
- Willing to travel as required for on-site work, project
meetings, client presentations, or training
- Basic knowledge of chemical/biochemical process engineering and
chemical/biochemical process computer programs.
- Knowledgeable in some aspects of process safety and how to
these requirements to process design
- Basic knowledge in the use of process simulation software such
as Aspen Plus, Aspen Plus Dynamics, PRO/II, DYNSIM, HYSYS, CHEMCAD,
WinGEMS, ProMax, etc.
- Basic knowledge in the use of hydraulic simulation software
such as AFT Fathom, AFT Arrow, PIPEPHASE, PIPE-FLO, and/or
- Working knowledge of CAD software preferred, either AutoCAD
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Virtual team skills and cross divisional relationships are
developed and able to provide interoffice execution support with
close supervision.Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:Hargrove
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, religion,
age, sex (including gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, sexual
identity, marital or family status), disability, military service
or obligations, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Hargrove is a background screening, drug-free
workplace.The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the
United States.Job Locations US-LA-DonaldsvilleID 2022-7199Category
Keywords: Hargrove Engineers & Constructors, Baton Rouge , Process Engineer II, Engineering , Donaldsonville, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!