Customer Reliability Engineer (Baton Rouge, LA)
Company: John Crane Inc
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Works on-site at a customer facility(s), directly coordinates,
schedules and participates in work with the customer to comply with
the "partnership agreement." Troubleshoots by investigating
problems related to product performance and application specific
criteria. Makes less complex and routine seal and equipment
recommendations utilizing standard engineering judgment and
responsibility to resolve customer inquiries. Travel as required
performing duties and working directly with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Reviews customer applications and makes specific
* Troubleshoots specific customer applications and analyzes,
evaluates, and rectifies seal operation problems and failures.
* Improves MTBR and reduces material costs.
* Reduces inventory by establishing standards for reduction,
minimizing variances found in the physical inventory and optimizing
* Communicates orally and in writing with customers, company
personnel, and vendors providing counseling, recommendations, and
* May include making both technical and commercial presentations to
customers or management.
* Assists and directs development of customer seal standardization
* Also, assist developing inventory management programs that are to
be implemented by customers.
* Solves problems on existing installations pro-actively.
Negotiates with customers and sales personnel regarding material
changes or modifications of customer equipment, seal, or auxiliary
* Help customers find and define productivity improvements obtained
through seal upgrades.
* Approves overall seal and component part design and materials,
proposals, layouts, installation, assembly and detail drawings.
* Prepares reports and recommendations to management and assist in
development and management of partnership programs.
* Devise and recommend new approaches to problems encountered in
* Recommends new standards and procedures on design and manufacture
of seal components.
* Observes and reports field performance results; collects and
evaluates data customers, while working with local John Crane
office and sales representative.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what
make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive
equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally
protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company
with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate,
support, and embrace diversity.
* Requires Bachelor of Science in Engineering, prefer ME.
* Strong mechanical aptitude required
* Strong knowledge of personal computers, MS Office, and machining
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends as needed to
meet business demands.
* Moderate level of understanding of the financial aspects of a
* Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously in a
* Excellent training, leadership, facilitation, influencing,
negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture
and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our
customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of
people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around
14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a
real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry,
improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity
and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often
critical to our customer s' operations, while our proprietary
technology and high service levels help create competitive
advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy
with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the
idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of
innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their
About John Crane
John Craneis a global leader in rotating equipment solutions,
supplying engineered technologies and services to process
industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of
products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings,
filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane
customer service is accessed through a global network of more than
200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global
reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion
USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in
applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband
detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered
Keywords: John Crane Inc, Baton Rouge , Customer Reliability Engineer (Baton Rouge, LA), Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!