Senior Project Engineer - I&E
Company: Methanex Geismar
Posted on: March 16, 2023
The Senior Project Engineer facilitates the development of all
capital projects for the Geismar site, including the initial 3
stages of a capital project (Visualization, Conceptualization and
Basic Engineering), as well as monitoring the successful completion
of the detailed engineering, while ensuring the quality, integrity,
safety and regulatory compliance of the Manufacturing Capital
Management Process (MCMP).
Leads a small portfolio of projects during the initial stages of
the process and supports the Maintenance execution lead with the
execution and completion of capital projects once approval of funds
is granted. Provides Q/A support to peer Project Engineers on other
assigned capital projects.
- Utilizes the Manufacturing Capital Management Process (MCMP)
procedure to progress a project from initiation to completion.
- Manages Technical small to mid-sized capital projects from
Stages 1 to 3 as per MCMP.
- Supports the execution leads on projects progressing from Stage
4 to close-out as per MCMP.
- Provides Q/A support to other project leads and their
- Leads the selection of alternative studies during Stage 2 as
- Manages contract engineering services related conceptual
studies and Front-End Engineering Design (FEED).
- Leads the request for funding (AFE) on capital projects
assigned as per MCMP.
- Prepares a high-level Schedule during Stage 1 of an assigned
- Prepares an Order of Magnitude cost estimate during Stage 1 of
an assigned project.
- Supports Schedulers, Cost Estimators or similar roles within
the Maintenance execution organization on the preparation of
classified cost estimates and detailed schedules.
- Monitors performance of contractor companies to meet with
project priorities and minimize schedule delays / cost
- Supports SMT requests related to project engineering
- Utilizes appropriate codes and standards, calculations and
- Actively promotes compliance with Methanex policies, procedures
and applicable standards with engineering, construction and
construction support contractors.
- Collaborates with the Technical team in developing and
actioning the annual department plan; ensures individual activities
align with Geismar business plan and Corporate Strategy.
- Ensures individual compliance with all Methanex HR policies and
procedures, including performance optimization.
- Ensures compliance with local regulation requirements regarding
pressure equipment, safety and environmental.
- Revises priorities on an on-going basis in response to project
- Leads or participates in project hazard and HAZOP reviews.
- Networks with other Methanex sites to the mutual benefit of all
- Responsible for ensuring awareness of all controlled documents
relating to this position as per Document Awareness Report from
Document Management Database.
- Contributes to the 'operational excellence' for Methanex USA as
an effective member of the Technical Department.
- Contributes to the organizational vision of Global Methanol
Leadership and as a team member demonstrates the core values of
integrity, trust, respect and professionalism.
- Demonstrated through feedback from team and leaders.
- Undertakes all aspects of the role through living the Methanex
- Remains current with all safety and procedural training related
to the role.
- Actively participates in the site's behavioral based safety
program, Everyone Owns Safety (EOS), by completing safety
- Conducts all business in a manner which supports the
Responsible Care - ethic. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited
institution required; Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- Eligibility for membership with the Louisiana Professional
Engineering & Land Surveying Board (LAPELS); ability to be
registered as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional
Engineer (P.E.) if required.
- Minimum of 10 years Engineering experience, as well as previous
experience with Project Management required.
- Proficiency with the PMI standards for Project Management and
familiarity with stage gate processes for project management.
- Understanding of mechanical/piping engineering and design in a
- Knowledge of the petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge of standards and procedures and industry best
- Project management fundamentals.
- Familiarity with industry codes and regulations.
- Safety culture in design and construction.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD competency - considered an asset.
Keywords: Methanex Geismar, Baton Rouge , Senior Project Engineer - I&E, Engineering , Geismar, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...