Cultural Resources Technician
Company: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Cultural Resources Technician
# of Openings
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Cultural Resources
Technicians in our Baton Rouge, LA office to assist with cultural
resources management work. SWCA's Baton Rouge, LA office offers a
unique work environment and a diversified client-base, including
oil and gas, generation/renewables, transportation, water
infrastructure, and land development. This is a temporary, on-call
position. The selected candidate will be required to pass client
specific drug and alcohol screening.
What you will accomplish
Complete archaeological surveying, field testing, including shovel
test pits and excavation units, data recovery, and associated field
recording, including completion of field forms, digital photography
and in-field mapping. Assist with archaeological office and lab
work and GPS data collection in the field under the direction of a
Field Lead or Project Archaeologist.
Experience and qualifications for success
- High School Diploma
- Completion of an accredited archaeological field school.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk, and conduct fieldwork
for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather (including extreme
heat and humidity), rugged terrain, often at high altitudes.
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40
- Current valid driver's license and ability to safely operate a
4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.Preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely
related field is preferred.
- 6+ months experience with a wide range of field methodologies,
including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology
- Knowledge of Collector and Survey123.Additional Information:
- Compensation based on education and experience.
- This is a temporary, on-call position.
- Estimated time in the field is 90-100%
- Project schedules may often include up to 12-hour days, 6 days
a week for extended periods.
- Hours worked over 40 hours per week are paid at time-and-a-half
- Single occupancy hotels paid directly by SWCA.
- Per diem up to $59 for full day, unless otherwise noted for
- Vehicles provided for projects.
- Opportunity for advancement within SWCA.SWCA Environmental
Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full
spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United
States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms
and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental
Firms. SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency
for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA
posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to
promote pay equity and transparency. An employee in this Baton
Rouge, LA-based position can expect an hourly pay rate of
$18.75-$24.75/hour. Actual pay within this range may depend on
experience, qualifications, geographic location, client
requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law.
Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses.
Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA's Total Rewards
package, which includes a competitive Benefits package,
forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate
culture, award-winning career development, and more. EOE - women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are
encouraged to apply. If you would like to contact SWCA regarding
the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
online application process due to a disability, please email
email@example.com or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact
information is for disability accommodation requests only. All
other inquiries will not receive a response.#LI-LC1#ind-swca
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: SWCA Environmental Consultants, Baton Rouge , Cultural Resources Technician, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!