Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Ecovyst's subsidiary, Ecoservices, is on the hunt for a Process
Engineer to be based at our Baton Rouge, LA
- Applies engineering principles to design, modify, or develop
facilities, testing, machines, equipment or processes used in
processing Sulfuric Acid in a regeneration sulfuric acid unit.
- Analyzes existing acid process, equipment, and performance to
determine optimal plant operations.
- Utilize OSI PI software to diagnose plant problems and enhance
unit performance improvements.
- Utilize technical information concerning manufacturing or
processing techniques, materials, properties, and process
advantages and limitations to improve long-range improvements in
- Completes small capital project SCOPE development and execution
of small projects (BCER
- Develops and implements project activities through the
coordination of efforts of subcontractors, maintenance, production
departments, and other operational personnel.
- Perform Scope activities which include, design, design review,
establishes timeline, material procurement, resource allocation,
project execution, coordinate effort between all involved parties,
monitor/track progress to ensure adherence to schedule.
- Attend status meetings to ensure safety, and quality
- Tracks procedure and process changes utilizing Management of
Change form (MOC) to document the coordination and communication to
appropriate personnel as to the stages of implementation till
- Participate in Unit HAZOPS and follow-up action items as
required to mitigate risks in the unit from the PHA.
- Maintain Unit Safety File updates relative to the MOC process
- Maintain good PSM standards in the unit.
- Participate in incident investigations and follow-up action
items from incidents.
- This involves tasks such as chemical leak calculations and
engineering corrective actions.Works with Maintenance to develop
Mechanical Integrity reports on specific equipment and assist in
- Utilizes knowledge of equipment and machine capabilities to
develop action plan to increase the reliability and optimization of
- Recognizes problems and opportunities to formulate action
plan(s)for obtaining/surpassing unit standards and achieving
production and quality goals.
- Compiles monthly / weekly reports as needed.
- Provides support to operations personnel to troubleshoot
day-to-day activities in the unit, and work closely with the Unit
Manager, Unit Lead Specialist, Maintenance personnel and
- Provides support during absence of Unit Manager as needed.Act
as a steward for maintaining excellent HSSE performance in the unit
- fulfill the HSSE Leadership Expectations.
- Develops appropriate safety training for personnel regarding
changes in procedures, and accountability.
- Review all incidents in Incident/accident database and Safety
- Be professional and ethical
at all times and treat employees, contractors and customers
- Other responsibilities as
assigned by unit management.
- Stands call duty as needed to support plant needs on a periodic
basis. Includes off-hours call.Will need to support the various
plant areas either on site or over the phone, which means a
familiarity with all areas is needed.
- Works with other units to ensure plant goals are met safely and
effectivelyHold all employees accountable; including my peers,
hourly employees, engineers and myself
- Work with operators to keep al SOPs, EOPs, and COPs
- Work with contractors and engineers in the unit; be involved in
the projects as needed.
- Conduct and/or attend Toolbox Safety meetings with the
operators as well as attending other mandatory safety meetings
- Attend Tiered Accountable productions meeting and provide unit
- Communicate with loading area, TS, IFS, and customers as
- Stay aware of and communicate as necessary, how unit operations
will impact all other plant areas
- Perform required operational interlock check test as
- B. S. degree in Engineering degree
- 0 to 5 years in chemical processing
- Possess current or possess ability to obtain -Transportation
Worker's Identification Credentials (TWIC) card. -
Keywords: Ecovyst, Baton Rouge , Process Engineer, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!