Automation Engineer IV
Company: Recon Management Services
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Description:ReCon is seeking an Automation Engineer who will be
responsible for applying advanced factory automation concepts and
techniques to land-based recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS).
The position is responsible for supervising the RAS Automation team
in Baton Rouge, LA, ensuring project engineers and designers are
supported in their efforts to develop and execute on designs, QC,
and testing of electrical panels to automate aquaculture production
facilities. This position requires at least three years of
experience and a degree in Electrical, Control System or System
Engineering. This position is a full-time, direct-hire role at a
local industry leader in the Baton Rouge area.(*IN PLANT ROLE - See
Client specific information below in Job Requirements)Summary of
Description:Technical supervision of design and drafting. Design,
implementation and enforcement of company standards and policies.
Management of personnel.Duties:
- Prepare man hour budget and review forecast
- Prepare scope documents as necessary
- Prepare space, manpower & equipment required
- Select staff
- Prepare and evaluate schedule
- Direct work
- Attend/conduct meetings
- Assignment of tasks and employees
- Ensure technical compliance
- Implement standards, specifications, and procedures
- Quality review
- Training & interviewing of personnel
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.Education and
Experience:Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited
university with at least fifteen (15) years of experience,
primarily in the refinery, petrochemical, or chemical industries,
or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as
those listed above.License Requirements:
- Valid Driver's License as per State law or requirement
- Professional Engineer License desiredSpecific Skills:
- Seeking to mentor younger engineers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook or similar
- Experienced with discipline-specific computer applications
(i.e., ETAP, STAAD, CAESAR, etc.).
- Communication - good oral and written skills are required.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and requirements in the related
- Knowledge related to design in discipline field expected.
- Knowledge of key aspects of Civil, Mechanical, I/E and Chemical
- Ability to walk up to one mile on industrial plant and
construction sites outdoors at any time of the year.
- Ability to work in protective clothing which may elevate body
temperatures by several degrees Fahrenheit for periods of up to 15
minutes without a break.
- Ability to use multi-level stair towers and rung ladders
- Ability to hear safety alarms and signals while wearing hearing
- Ability to sit at desk and operate computer for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch
or crawl; and talk and hear.
- Ability to see with visual acuity and distinguish between
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver's
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs. on a regular basis is
required and at times lifting up to 25 lbs. may be
required.Requirements:*Due to in plant position the below
referenced Job Duties have been provided by client: Role and
ResponsibilitiesCandidate in this position will: - Potentially
serve in a leadership role, supervising and mentoring project
engineers and designers. - Help set project priorities and manage
project workflow, ensuring design documents are provided to
production in a timely manner, and products are QC'd and tested on
time for customer delivery. - Participate in design review meetings
and provide peer reviews of design drawings. - Ensure overall
compliance to the engineering document control process. - Interface
with designers and engineers from multiple disciplines,
manufacturing, field installation, customers and consultants -
Travel is required to client sites, including some International
opportunities. Required Experience and Skills - Minimum of 3 years
demonstrated supervisory experience in the engineering sector. -
Knowledge of PLC-based control systems is required. - Proven track
record working with systems engineering functions including concept
of operations development, requirements management, technical risk
management, interface definition and control. - Familiarity with
National Electrical Code requirements and able to ensure its
application to all products developed by the team. - Experience in
applying machine learning techniques and algorithms to data streams
from PLC control systems, IOT and other data sources to monitor and
control a facility's operation, a plus. - Experience effectively
communicating and presenting with all levels of management and
individual contributors on the program team. - Strong organization,
coordination, planning and collaboration skills. - Experience
supporting engineering teams in a multi-discipline environment. -
Experience conducting system integration and system test to include
development of integration and test plans, test cases and
procedures. - Ability to visualize system functionality, to create
block diagrams, and to analyze system performance.EducationB.S. in
Electrical Engineering, Control Systems or Systems Engineering.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Industrial control system related experience.
- Experience configuring Human Machine Interface (HMI) graphics
(especially Rockwell FactoryTalk View SE or Ignition).
- Familiar with CAD drafting software.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Ethernet networks and
devices, Modbus TCP and RTU, and common communications protocols
(SPI, I2C, CAN, USB, RS-232).
- Integration of IOT into the control systems as feedback loops
- Understanding of object-oriented programming languages
(especially Python, Java, or C# a
Keywords: Recon Management Services, Baton Rouge , Automation Engineer IV, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!