Senior Field Technician
Company: Montrose Environmental Group, Inc.
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 13, 2019
Montrose Air Quality Services (MAQS) is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, a vibrant young company started in 2012, now just shy of 1000 employees in approximately 40 offices around the country. Our employees describe us as very fast, very flexible and lots of fun.
Montrose Environmental Group, Inc. is a high-growth Environmental Services company offering (i) Measurement and Analytical services and (ii) Environmental Resiliency and Sustainability services to a diverse range of clients in industry and government throughout the United States and abroad. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates and policy experts are proud of our ability to objectively help industry, the public and regulators work constructively together on environmental opportunities.
This individual will provide support to field testing teams, has responsibilities for testing activities and demonstrates leadership capabilities. This individual will be required to work at elevated heights, will consistently be exposed to work in outdoor weather conditions and can travel up to sixty percent or more, including overnight and weekend travel. The individual will perform the following functions as directed:
- Assist with large scale projects (criteria pollutants and toxic pollutants, simultaneous testing at multiple locations)
- Use technical document compilation skills to complete proposals, test protocols, preparation sheets, reports and work authorizations
- Analyze and interpret source test data using PM, SO, and NH analysis
- Utilize knowledge of CRMOD to communicate project information.
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients.
- Oversee the preparation, setup, testing/stack sampling, breakdown, and demobilization of projects.
- Ensure HAZMAT, driver logs, and vehicle inspection forms are completed as necessary.
- Independently assemble, operate, and troubleshoot source testing equipment.
- Must be able to exert moderate physical effort, including lifting materials up to 50 pounds, and climb 200-300 ft. stacks.
- Complete timesheets and expense reports by the given deadlines.
- Properly load, demobilize, set up testing equipment and conduct testing functions as directed
- Assist with laboratory functions, equipment maintenance and service vehicle maintenance
- Provide feedback to management regarding any customer needs and/or concerns
- High school diploma and 1+ year of source testing experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science (Environmental Science preferred) degree from a 4 year university preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with proven time management and prioritization skills
- Experience in industrial maintenance, mechanical, laboratory or related experience preferred
- Valid driver's license and ability to obtain and maintain DOT medical certification
- Willingness and ability to travel up to sixty percent, including overnight and weekend travel
- Ability to work in industrial settings, outdoors and/or at elevated heights
Montrose Environmental Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
As permitted by applicable law, employment with Montrose is at-will.
Keywords: Montrose Environmental Group, Inc., Baton Rouge , Senior Field Technician, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!