Engineering Intern addition
Company: John Crane
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: February 13, 2019
ENGINEERING INTERN ADDITION
North America, USA, Louisiana, Baton Rouge
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD ( 830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components. Job Description
This position is a temporary part time position designed to give a mechanical engineering student exposure to John Crane mechanical seals and related products through hands on work. They do so by working rotations in the Inspection/Repair, Maintenance, Assembly, and Engineering/Sales Departments.
* Inspect, disassemble, and clean mechanical seal parts.
* Review part print drawings and make judgments on parts reparability.
* Lap mechanical seal faces to design tolerances.
* Assemble mechanical seals, pressure test, and prepare for shipment.
* Conduct mechanical seal failure analysis and failure root cause analysis.
* Assist Sales Team with field needs and customer inside support.
* Work with branch and regional engineering team for customer process application review.
* Currently enrolled in an accredited university level Mechanical Engineering program.
* Must in be in good academic standing in that program.
* Mechanical aptitude; willing to get hands dirty.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point
* Some CAD experience; solid modeling a plus
* Strong written and spoken communication skills.
* Must be able to read, write and speak English; bi-lingual a plus.
* Must be able to stand for extend periods of time; a minimum of two hours.
* Must be able to maneuver to all areas of an office, manufacturing facility, or warehouse, and to all allowable areas of a well site or other job sites.
* Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at area.
* Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and carry up to 20 pounds.
* Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
* Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10 key adding machine, PC computers, facsimile machine and photo copier.
* Must be able to work at a fast pace.
* Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, and reassign priorities.
* Must be able to tolerate changing priorities, and complete assignments despite frequent interruptions.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the company s TRIR goals
* Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
* Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company s environmental performance goals
* Complete, and actively participate in all of the company s EHS training requirements
Work environment is typically within an air conditioned manufacturing facility or customer plant site during normal or extended business hours. Steel toed shoes and safety glasses required at all times on the shop floor. Additional PPE requirements for specific tasks.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: John Crane, Baton Rouge , Engineering Intern addition, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!