Company: Kelly Services
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The primary purpose of the Assistant Service Manager/Mechanical
Engineer is to provide support to the leadership with the Service
line of business to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction,
quality and safety, to ensure expected profitability with Services
and to develop a high level of expertise and self-sufficiency
within all team members.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Meet or exceed all financial expectations, budgets and goals,
monitoring pricing, and reviewing cost data with the Service
- Build and sustain customer relationships to insure complete
- Assist in managing dispatch procedures to insure a high level
of customer satisfaction and proficient, effective communications
with field staff resources.
- Assist in management of field labor with the business unit
including development of service teams and roles and
- Initiate technician labor productivity improvements through
field supervisor(s) and ensure quality of work to the company-s
standards and project requirements.
- Assist in estimating of service repair and replacement
- Promote and accountable for all aspects of Safety and Risk
Management, including ensuring proper Notice to Proceed, Signed
Contracts, Contract Change Orders, Certificate of Insurance and
- Assist Field Supervisor in regulating quality control on
- Maintain and protect the company image and culture and coach
others in the company way.
- Ensure that employee morale and retention are kept at a high
- Maintain inventory and tool procurement for all service
- Maintain continuing education program for Service field
- Perform Services- orientation for new hires.
- Conduct project kick-off meetings to coordinate small jobs with
- Coordinate subs and vendors as related to Service
- Assist in software and technology tools (Estimation and
hand-held devices) development.
- Participate in staff meetings with Business Unit Manager,
addressing management issues as well as training, safety and
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering (can be a new
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Must be organized and self-motivated with the ability lead a
team of technicians
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
are required daily.
- Professional manner and appearance is required.
Each year, we find work for nearly 25,000 call center employees
like you. We offer temporary,
temporary-to-hire, and direct hire roles, for both traditional
office and home-based assignments. And
through Kelly's connections, from small- and mid-sized companies to
95 of the Fortune 100 we can
open your job search to a new world of opportunities. You get a
more flexible career, your way:
choosing the positions you want, when and where you want to go, and
always for competitive pay.
Want more information? Visit kellyservices.com/contactcenter
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with
work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn
and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer
including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Baton Rouge , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!