Field Support Engineer I - Baton Rouge
Company: Carl Zeiss MediTech
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: October 11, 2019
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER I - BATON ROUGE
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop
exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that s
focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an
open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
The Field Support Engineer I, under close supervision and
direction, installs, repairs, upgrades and performs preventative
maintenance on specified Carl Zeiss Meditec instrumentation in a
designated field service territory. Represents Carl Zeiss Meditec
at customer locations and works to achieve a high level of customer
satisfaction. Maintains all company property (inventory, tools,
diagnostic equipment, vehicle, etc.) in accordance with company
policies. Maintains a high level of professional communication with
team, customers, management, Sales and Technical Support.
* Diagnose and repair all designated products within an assigned
service territory, including preventative
* maintenance, installations and upgrades per specific training,
manuals and Carl Zeiss Meditec
* Complete work assignments as directed from management and work
schedules as dispatched from Call
* Complete and submit a field service report on a daily basis
according to written procedures as
* documented in the Field Service reference database.
* Complete and submit a weekly expense report according to Carl
Zeiss Meditec policies and procedures.
* Maintain spare parts inventory according to company guidelines
and return specific spare parts as designated by policy.
* Interface with customers in a professional, pleasant and calm
* Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing
customers on operation and maintenance of
* ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (Non-essential duties or marginal
job functions that support essential functions)
* Maintains company-issued test equipment and support tools,
including spare parts.
* Installs and provides equipment maintenance at trade shows.
* 0 3 years of previous field service experience required.
* BS degree in Electronics, Engineering, Computer Technology and
related fields preferred.
* A+, and Net + certification preferred.
* Theoretical understanding of basic electromechanical, electronic,
and optical systems.
* Basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques and
* Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have strong computer skills with the ability to obtain
specific certifications as required.
* Must be able to pass required training to service fine mechanics
and optics. Ability to effectively service the equipment on which
training is completed
* SPECIAL DEMANDS: (If any, describes physically uncomfortable
conditions, travel requirements, heavy lifting, etc., ref. ADA)
* Extensive overnight travel is required by automobile and air.
Must be willing to travel in the US and
* internationally for training, meetings, exhibit support and
coverage outside assigned territory. The FSE must be able to obtain
sufficient credit to cover incurred business expenses which will be
reimbursed upon expense report submission and approval.
* The position requires an average of four (4) hours driving per
day. Must have a valid driver s license and good driving
* Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds. Thirty percent of the
average workday is spent standing or walking.
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in
dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual
development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your
work. We care about our employees and take particular
responsibility for improving society and preserving our
environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at
ZEISS for over 170 years.
HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE! The application process takes less than
10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. Online Application
Keywords: Carl Zeiss MediTech, Baton Rouge , Field Support Engineer I - Baton Rouge, Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!