Reliability Engineer (Entry Level)
Company: John Crane
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: October 12, 2019
About Us About Us John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader
in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies
and services to process industries. The company designs and
manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and
systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive
digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is
accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and
service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue
was greater than 1 Billion USD (?830m). John Crane is part of
Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced
technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection,
energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Job Description Job Description The Reliability Support Engineer is
part of the contract management regional team and responsible for
providing technical support in the development, implementation and
operation of John Crane?s service agreements This individual will
play an important role in the organization, as he/she will support
John Crane?s sales and service team efforts to achieve excellence
in contract management and in reliability service delivery.?
- Support feasibility studies that assess customer needs and
- Support the implementation of reliability programs, by
performing business mapping, developing product selection guides,
identifying bad actor equipment, sharing best practices, performing
equipment data surveys, identifying reliability improvements,
identifying business opportunities and others.
- Support the operation of service agreements through: Failure
Analysis, customer feedback, engineering calculations and design,
design and optimize advanced mechanical seal support systems (API
plans), technical training and best practices
- Assess existing reliability programs to identify risks and best
practices. Create in-depth quarterly reports to analyze contract
- Support data management and data quality for John Crane
INTERFACE Reliability Management Software
- Training in mechanical seals and power transmission couplings
design, Product standardization techniques and identify how to
achieve measurable Mean Time Between Repair goals consistent with
the customer?s reliability program
- Assist with customer relationships as appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety
requirements consistent with supporting the Company?s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting
Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with
supporting the company?s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training
requirements Duties & Responsibilities Training and Development
OpportunitiesThe Reliability Support Engineer will be trained in:
- Advanced mechanical seal and power transmission couplings
calculations to design efficient systems that maximize run
- Product standardization techniques and identify how to achieve
measurable Mean Time Between Repair goals consistent with the
customer?s reliability program
- Rotating equipment best practices and procedures to provide
employees with the skills and knowledge they will need to be
- Certification in CBM associations such as vibration and
- Data Management and Asset Management methodologies.
- Interaction with other regions and countries.???????? The
Individual Position Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required - Mechanical
Engineering or similar discipline preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese as a second language,
- Vibration and Thermography experience, preferred.
- Previous experience in pump, seals or rotating equipment
maintenance and reliability, preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and
other software programs.
- Travel up to 50% to customer sites to implement new programs
and support existing ones.? Application Process EEO It is the
policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO)
to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color,
religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information,
marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
Keywords: John Crane, Baton Rouge , Reliability Engineer (Entry Level), Engineering , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!