Director of Security Engineering
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Why Join the Amedisys Family? We are a growing company that
values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills
and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than
14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a
mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private
duty care at home. Unique clinical environment: Care for patients
one-on-one in-home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork: Shine on your own, with the support of a
multi-disciplinary teams Ongoing support: Continuing education and
training, tuition assistance, technology and more Advancement:
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to
advance Healthcare leader: Progressive, stable company with 30
years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to
clinical excellence If you're looking for a home where you can put
your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and
pursue your goals for the future, join our team. Job Summary:
Responsible for leading a 24x7 team of security experts for
Amedisys including day-t0-day management and maintenance of the
cyber security technology stack maturing processes and driving
innovation. This role will help deliver the Amedisys Asymmetric
Security Posture vision of redefining traditional cyber security
technology using automation, orchestration and analytics. Also
responsible for leading the operational elements of the security
team in order to drive, quality security outcomes, efficient and
timely operations, actualize continual improvement and innovation
and protect the data and privacy of Amedisys patients and clients.
- Responsible for maintaining mature service deliver
methodologies for their practice areas.
- Ensure compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA)process
adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security
Engineering Framework. Review policies and highlight the challenges
in managing SLAs.
- Responsible for team & vendor management, overall use of
resources and initiation of corrective action where required.
- Management, administration & maintenance of security devices
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat
vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for Engineering
operations and presentation to senior management.
- Co-ordination with stakeholders, build and maintain positive
working relationships with them.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Holds employees
accountable for the attainment of defined goals and objectives.
Executes effective performance redirection when needed. Develops
employees through coaching, mentoring, and formal/on the job
training and development opportunities. Knowledge, Skills and
- Strong analytics and reporting capabilities
- Knowledge of MITRE and NIST frameworks
- Proficient in Incident Management and Response
- Experience in security device management and SIEM
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks
and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident
- Experience in threat management
- Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not
limited to Windows, Linux, Unix
- Knowledge of applications, databases, middleware to address
security threats against the same
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience in performing vendor management
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key
stakeholders Qualifications Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, ISDS, or related
field; and five (5+) years' related work experience.
- In lieu of education, seven (7+) years' related work
- Three (3+) years' experience in leading teams.
- #amedisys Preferred:
- CISS Certification
- CEH Certification
- GSEC Travel:
- Moderate Additional Qualifications: Not applicable. Amedisys is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic. Benefits and More Amedisys cares
for our team members with the same commitment we have to our
patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the
opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees - provided by Dice
Keywords: Amedisys, Baton Rouge , Director of Security Engineering, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!