Company: Tenneco Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
international--automotive--aftermarket built from the combined
strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul--and --hlins with 31 of the
best known--and respected--aftermarket brands, including 14 brands
100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries--around
the--world--work--as one team,--driving--advancements that help our
customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every
race--and every journey. We are looking for an EHS Manager. This
position provides environmental, health, and safety leadership to
the Site. Individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities
at his/her location(s); establishing EHS objectives and targets;
internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national,
area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents
are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for:
maintaining site ISO/OHSAS certifications (as applicable); assuring
accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of
company and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis;
completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing
interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with
adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during
crises; creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees
throughout the site in EHS teams and processes. The team is ready
to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the
role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to
schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal
interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving
through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and
prompt communication throughout. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives.
Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in
support of corporate and division EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify
critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to
create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track
performance against targets and objectives
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and
appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team,
functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS
culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign EHS element champions and facilitate their
engagement in ownership of the EHS elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and
committees needed to accomplish the established targets and
objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and EHS element champions to
complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state,
and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the
site and Tenneco's EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as AGEIS to manage
data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk
assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined
and tracked to completion
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that
all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and
that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Supporting W/C investigations in coordination with site HR
- Manages the following site facilitators/coordinators (as
applicable): BBS facilitator, Ergonomic coordinator, and EMSEC
coordinator, wastewater treatment operator(s), and waste management
clerk. In addition, the EHS Site Supervisor, EHS Analyst and/or EHS
Technician depending on the risk profile for the location and local
regulatory requirements Required Experience Education:--Bachelor's
Degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene or an equivalent
environmental discipline required. Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of operations experience in a
manufacturing/warehouse/distribution center environment
- 7+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental,
health and safety program management and employee training.
- Previous EHS Management experience in a large, fast-paced
manufacturing setting. Receive job alerts from our organization.
Share job opportunities with family and friends through email. We
are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related
decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO Is The Law If you need assistance accessing our site, contact
us at 1-800-843-4169 ext. 9985 or email email@example.com
Keywords: Tenneco Inc., Baton Rouge , EHS Manager, Executive , Harrisonburg, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!