Project Manager/Implementation Lead
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryProject Management, TechnologyTarget Openings1Job
Description SummaryThis position is the primary point of
accountability to Business partners and other parties for the
management and implementation of small to medium sized Projects
and/or small Programs that support achievement of simple to
moderately complex unit or corporate goals.Primary Job Duties &
- The Project Manager controls planning and execution of the
Projects activities and resources to ensure that established cost,
time, and quality goals are met.
- The Project Manager works with moderate supervision and is
responsible for applying Project Management knowledge, skills,
tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and
systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and
- The Project Manager operates within defined parameters using a
proven Project Management Methodology with flexibility to merge
different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals
- Small Program/Project delivery/management skills
- Manages and promotes strong working teams
- Development of mid-level roadmaps/plans and/or detail execution
plans, where needed, to aid and drive business readiness
activities, or facilitate risks across business and IT work
- Experience and skill in managing across functional and
- Problem solving and analytical aptitude or skills
- Strong presentation experience - the ability to draft and
present information to diverse groups and stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation skills
- End user communication responsibilities
- Strong communication skills Written and Oral
- Uses resources effectively - is well organized and sets
priorities to meet critical business needs and helps other team
mates to do the same if necessary
- Continuous improvement mindset with an openness to proactively
seek & solicit feedback
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation in achieving
- Some IT knowledge and/or experience preferred, allowing
candidate to effectively provide transparency into
capabilities/solutioning being developed and articulate that back
to business stakeholders where /when needed
- Maintains a positive, achievement-oriented attitudeMinimum
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of project management experience required.Education,
Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of project management experience preferred.
- Experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
- Experience using MS Teams
- Strong working knowledge of Sharepoint
- Experienced with Rally preferredEmployment PracticesTravelers
is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and
talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize
that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.If you have
questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please
send us an email (TAPHYREQ@travelers.com) so we may assist
you.Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting.
Keywords: Travelers, Baton Rouge , Project Manager/Implementation Lead, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!