Asset Protection Manager
Company: Hibbett Sports/City Gear
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARYHibbett is hiring an Asset Protection Manager in the
Baton Rouge or LaFayette area! This Asset Protection Manager
assists in protecting Hibbett/City Gear's assets, merchandise, and
personnel and reduces preventable loss by conducting internal
investigations, reviewing exception reports, training store
employees, conducting inventory counts, and shrink ratings. You
will meet Asset Protection goals, including achieving a shrink
result of -0.42% to sales or below for assigned region, EBIT, and
comp sale goals. You will collaborate with business partners within
the Asset Protection department, store management, Store
Operations, and Human Resources to carry out Asset Protection
initiatives and goals, including controlling inventory, refunds,
register over or short, orders, layaways, holds, launch products,
and customer service.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain shrink within assigned region under the Hibbett I City
Gear's goal of -0.42% to sales or below. Determine shrink through
reports, physical inventories, and inventory counts.
- Identify causes of shrink and follow up with additional
training and investigations when necessary.
- Conduct a minimum of 6 covert camera installs, 6 in-store CCTV
reviews, 20 opening and 15 closing surveillances per year, and
alarm walk tests looking at security equipment in stores to monitor
inventory loss and safety. Monitor safety equipment and address
concerns. Identify areas of potential theft, perform corresponding
measures for prevention and theft detection.
- Audit stores to ensure stores are in compliance with Hibbett I
City Gear's Asset Protection policies and procedures. Monitor
stores for shipment and paperwork error. Conduct shrink control
audits at every location to ensure Asset Protection duties are
being completed to help reduce shrink.
- Oversee inventory movement, identify, and correct errors to
maintain accurate levels in stores.
- Ensure Register Over/Shorts are held to -.01% within
- Conduct and oversee HR, external, and internal investigations
for assigned region, including conducting interview of employees
based on concerns from exception reports, analyst leads, and
customer or employee complaints. Investigations are on issues such
as internal theft, overages and shortages, employee tips, external
events, potential damage to Hibbett I City Gear brand, unusual
discrepancies, leads, sexual harassment, variances, integrity
issues, and other issues. Document all investigations.
- Develop effective partnerships with managers and store
associates to help curtail loss from accidents, theft, and other
- Manage policies and procedures specific to inventory management
to ensure inventory quality, accurate shrink, and receiving
merchandise properly in the register system in a timely manner.
Develop and improve policies and procedures as needed. Help stores
with receiving issues using all resources.
- Conduct training with Store Managers and DSMs on Asset
Protection policies and procedures to reduce shrink and maintain
accountability. Build relationships with store management and
operations employees to be proactive with Asset Protection
initiatives and keep discussions open about training, discussing
loss, fraud, and safety awareness.
- Coordinate and conduct inventory counts and physical
inventories in assigned region. Ensure all stores are inventoried
twice per fiscal year and supervise required events.
- Monitor weekly stock counts of products in store. Investigate
and research any variances and inventory issues when necessary.
Review inventory reports at the store level to ensure shipping and
receiving of merchandise is properly executed.
- Conduct regular store visits and develop a plan for weekly
visits of stores by analyzing reports and prioritizing issues.
Ensure stores are in compliance and discover opportunities for
- Review and analyze exception reports for possible theft or
Hibbett I City Gear policy violations. All inventory exception
reports must be researched, and necessary follow-up should be
conducted, including researching shortages.
- Assist law enforcement with external theft cases. Maintain
effective liaison with local authorities to ensure that all cases
prosecuted are coordinated.
- Conduct new store meetings and awareness meetings when
- Develop a plan of action for Target Shrink and SOS stores and
partner with operations for implementation. Ensure compliance of
Target Shrink Program within region by completing monthly Target
- Attain EBIT goals by controlling expenses, recovering
restitution, and addressing loss.
- Protect the company's assets and financial information by
ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of internal control
procedures and informing management and/or appropriate officials of
potential fraud risk.QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 or more years of experience in Asset Protection.
- Strong analytical and investigatory skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and
- Experience working for a retail company.Job Type:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilityApplication Question(s):
- Please list your preferred pay range.Experience:
- Asset Protection: 3 years (Preferred)Work Location:
- On the roadWork Location: On the road
Keywords: Hibbett Sports/City Gear, Baton Rouge , Asset Protection Manager, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!