Senior Vendor Manager
Company: Graham Packaging Company
Location: Port Allen
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview:Position SummaryThe Senior Vendor Manager will establish,
implement and maintain supplier programs to ensure all materials,
services meet/exceed internal and external customer and
manufacturing expectations. The individual will work with Supply
Chain leadership to define expectations for key strategic customers
for materials and services and then ensure compliance from these
vendors. The individual will have responsibility for key suppliers.
This is both a Supplier Maintenance as well as Supplier Development
role. Responsible for all service/quality improvement issues and
working with SC and respective customer on all performance issues
related to vendors and suppliers of materials, products or services
used in development and manufacturing. This role will be based out
of the Port Allen, Louisiana facility and will work hand in hand
with the SC department and division operations (i.e. operational
leads).Responsibilities:Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the metrics that accurately depict supplier product and
service quality levels.o Set standards for products and services
utilized in manufacturing.o Determine desired performance levels of
raw materials for manufacturing in conjunction with SC and local
customer operations leaders.o Determine desired expectations for
products and services.o With SC, develop Service Level Agreement to
clearly identify and communicate expectations.o Track and analyze
financial impact of non-conformance or poor quality.o Work with
local operational leaders on scorecard performance.
- Assist in the development of supplier selection criteria.
- Deliver continuous improvement opportunities to our
- Develop Supplier Audit Program that will ensure all strategic
suppliers are meeting all aspects identified in the Service Level
Agreement.o Determine the critical key suppliers.o Organize regular
reviews and audits for suppliers.
- Monitor and measure the quality performance of suppliers.
- Monitor and report on supplier quality-related activities or
purchase order compliance.o Develop matrix to rate suppliers and
then rate suppliers accordingly.o Review supplier ratings on a
regular basis.o Pareto current materials, suppliers, and quality
issues, accounting for: - Scrap, Downtime, etc. due to supplier and
raw materials - Including unusual occurrences - Warranty costs,
claim costs, non-conformance damages due to supplier quality issues
- Work hand in hand with internal and external customers.
- Communicate with suppliers, customer locations, and supporting
Graham Packaging facilities.
- Provide reports for business review meetings.
- Resolve quality issues with suppliers, and administer
- Ensure suppliers are in line and meeting/exceeding expectations
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to determine current
performance levels of materials.
- Achieve vendor compliance.o Maintain vendor complianceo Utilize
corrective action when necessary.o Work with local GPC operations
leaders to seek alternate solutions to performance issues.o Perform
root cause analysis to performance issues
- Travel required: 25% or more depending on business
needs.Qualifications:Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- BS Degree; or equivalent experience
- At least 7-10 years relevant work experience#LI-LAEEO
Disclaimer: Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or
mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital
status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: Graham Packaging Company, Baton Rouge , Senior Vendor Manager, Executive , Port Allen, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!