Director of Nursing
Company: Seaside Health System
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Seaside Health System (Psychiatric Hospital) is seeking a
Director of Nursing (DON) who provides leadership for delivery of
patient care services and ensures coordination of an individualized
plan of care for each individual. Successful candidates are
motivated team-players with outstanding organizational and
communication skills and an appreciation for delivering high
quality care with dignity and respect.We offer:
- Competitive Salaries based on experience.
- Collaborative community with supportive colleagues.
- Mentoring by senior nursing staff who are committed to your
success and professional development.
- Established clinical protocols, policies and procedures based
on outcomes and evidence-based practice.
- Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D insurance and generous Paid
Time Off (PTO) program.
- 401(k) retirement plan.Responsibilities may include:
- Help to hire, train, and monitor nurses and technicians.
- Prepare daily schedule and planning shifts.
- Ensure department staff follow departmental procedures and
- Coordinates nursing orientation, annual competencies, and
performance evaluations for each individual.
- Evaluate the performance of the department and recommend
- Schedule staff meetings for patient updates, issues, and
- Ensure compliance with state, federal, local standards, and
- Attend required hospital meetings. Requirements:
- Must have a Louisiana State RN license. Louisiana is a Nurse
Compact Licensure State. Visit https://www.ncsbn.org/compacts.htm
- 5 (five) years progressive acute care or psychiatric care
- 2 (two) of those years in management of Nursing preferred
- Supervisor/Management experience
- Military RNs and their families are eligible for expedited RN
in licensure in LA and are encouraged to apply.
- One year or more work experience in a psych/mental
health/behavioral health facility preferred but not required.
- Active listening skills and empathy for patients.
- Mature, professional, and positive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the
ability to set boundaries, use and interpret nonverbal ques.
- Emotional Intelligence including the ability to manage stress
and anxiety, knows when to ask for help and how to be a reliable
- Critical thinking including the ability to implement
interventions that are proven to result in a positive outcome for
patientsInterested candidates may apply online or email a resume to
Keywords: Seaside Health System, Baton Rouge , Director of Nursing, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!