Pharmacy Manager for a Home Infusion facility in Baton Rouge, LA!
Company: Affinity Executive Search
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Seeking Pharmacist Manager with a National infusion company for
a new site location opening in Baton Rouge, LA. area! - Job Summary
- infusion pharmacist/operator to work through start up,
accreditation, building the business and serving as the PIC. Full
Job Description: The Infusion Pharmacist is responsible for
dispensing IV drugs prescribed by physicians and other health
practitioners and providing information to patients about
medications and their use. The Pharmacist may advise physicians,
other health practitioners, and patients on the selection, dosage,
interactions, and side effects of medications. ROLES &
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the
needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provide information and advice to patients regarding drug
interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication
- Mix and compound IV medications from a Flow Hood and/or glove
- Compound medications using proper aseptic technique
- Dispense medications as prescribed by calculating, weighing,
measuring, and mixing ingredients, or overseeing these
- Perform sanitation, maintenance, and tracking of infusion
equipment and the IV room
- Maintain records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles,
charge system files, inventories, control records, and registries
of poisons, narcotics, and controlled drugs.
- Plan, implement, and maintain procedures for mixing, packaging,
and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and legal
requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan,
monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of
drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and
- Analyze prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to
prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies,
and drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it
- Monitor patients' drug therapies, advise interventions, and
inform patients of any potential side effects.
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- Adhere to applicable legal rules, regulations, and procedures
governing pharmaceutical practice.
- Other duties as necessary KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of pharmacy protocols and standard operating
- Knowledge of all Federal and State regulations, including HIPAA
related to pharmacy operations.
- Communicate in a professional manner, both verbally and in
- Excellent customer service skills by displaying compassion for
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities and delegating as
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. EDUCATION AND
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD degree
- Pharmacist license in good standing in the current state of
- 2 years' experience as a pharmacist in an infusion or hospital
- Sound drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Ability to fill medication orders accurately and in a timely
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal
supervision This IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The statements
herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the employer.
Keywords: Affinity Executive Search, Baton Rouge , Pharmacy Manager for a Home Infusion facility in Baton Rouge, LA!, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!