GBD Finance Director
Company: Elevance Health
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Responsible for financial leadership, decision support, and
strategic consultation to the Louisiana Medicaid Health Plans
leadership teams. Directs health plan financial analysis, cost of
care analytics, trend analysis, financial reporting, financial
operations, and cost and budget management and allocation in a
Health Plan with an assigned product or portfolio, which may
include specialty products and/or provider contracting arrangements
that carry financial risk to the plan P&L, serves as
legislative consultant with state partners on
financial/reimbursement policy and payment mechanisms. Primary
duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs market leadership for P&L and SG&A budget;
operates as a financial liaison to state partners; leads rates
management and negotiation including reserve development and
analytics; and leads the Medical Cost and RX Trend identification
and mitigation process with key business partners including network
and clinical teams.
- Maintains trends that are appropriate given premium
- Reviews, analyzes, reports, and presents financial results.
Provides decision support for business unit President and senior
management teams' operational and business goals.
- Achieves Medical Cost and MLR targets set in plans and
forecasts; may ensure that provider network contracting efforts
obtain the best possible financial arrangements; may own the
setting of and achievement of Cost of Care targets; and achieves
operating gain targets set in budgets and forecasts.
- Directs Health Plan preparation of annual operating/capital
budget and forecasts to provide senior leadership with tools
necessary to maximize investment of resources.
- Directs interface with regulatory and audit personnel and
technical consultants as required to ensure fiscal
- Supporting the pricing actuaries on premium rate actions.
- Representing the health plan at key state and provider
meetings; oversees the processing and delivery of several major
provider pass thru payments; and is a key member of the leadership
- Helping to support the plan president on setting and achieving
health plan goals. Minimum requirements:
- Requires a BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration, or
Accounting and a minimum of 8 years of progressive financial
experience accounting, financial reporting, business analysis,
budgeting, forecasting, and strategic and tactical planning within
a health insurance/managed care environment; or any combination of
education and experience, which would provide an equivalent
background. Preferred qualifications:
- MBA preferred.
- Experience with complex business environments including
multiple entity and highly regulated situations strongly
Keywords: Elevance Health, Baton Rouge , GBD Finance Director, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!