Manager of Grants Revenue
Company: State of Louisiana
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Louisiana is a State as a Model Employer for People with
The LA SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT is seeking applicants for a
MANAGER of GRANTS and REVENUE
T he Louisiana Special Schools do not unlawfully discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age
in our programs and activities, and we provide equal access to the
Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding
non-discrimination may be referred to Santa Patterson, Human
Resources Director at email@example.com .
RELEASE OF ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION INFORMATION: La. R.S.
17:3884(D) requires that any school board wishing to hire a person
who has been assessed or evaluated pursuant to the Children First
Act, La. R.S. 17:3871, et seq., whether that person is already
employed by that school system or not, shall request such person's
assessment and evaluation results as part of the application
process. Please be advised that, as part of the mandated process,
your previous assessment and evaluation results will be requested.
You have the opportunity to apply, review the information received,
and provide any response or information you deem appropriate.
Physical Activity Level:
The employee must be able to perform assigned duties without
significant risk of substantial harm to his/her own safety/security
and the safety/security of others. Some work is performed in
physically comfortable positions with little or light physical
effort, and some work requires moderate effort. Lifting thirty to
forty pounds may be required and brief periods of heavy muscular
exertion may be required. Interpreting/and transliterating, and
teaching visually impaired students, require extended use of the
upper body muscles and fine motor movements of the hands. Physical
requirements are subject to reasonable accommodation in accordance
with ADA standards.
There is no guarantee that everyone who applies to this posting
will be interviewed. Specific information about this job will be
provided to you in the interview process, should you be
No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered
for this vacancy. To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply"
link above and complete an electronic application which can be used
for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants
can check the status of their application at any time by selecting
the 'Application Status' link after logging into their account.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
You must include all relevant education and experience on your
official State application.
Applicants qualifying based on college training or receipt of a
baccalaureate degree will be required to submit an official college
transcript to verify credentials claimed prior to appointment.
Please make every effort to attach a copy of your transcript to
your application. The transcripts can be added as an attachment to
your online application or faxed to (225) 763-5523. The selected
candidate will be required to submit original documentation upon
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or
related area or 20 years of public administration or accounting
and/or financial experience in State or Federal Government plus
five years administrative or supervisory experience in the areas of
business administration, facility management, and/or accounting.
School business administration or management experience
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or
related area will substitute for two years of the required
administrative or supervisory experience.
- Must possess or obtain with 2 years of hire date, a CPA
license. Additional certifications related to internal controls
- Credentials of the applicant must include good human relations
and management skills with which to develop and maintain a cohesive
common purpose staff and to direct the functions of
- Implement policies and regulations mandated by SSD and other
state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures affecting
the school; implement school philosophy and programs, and develop
and establish long range strategic plans.
- Assist in the annual preparation, implementation and monitoring
of the SSD budget.
- Exhibit knowledge of special education rules and regulations
associated with implementation of state and federal laws.
- Exhibit understanding of children with handicaps and their
needs, especially the hearing and visually impaired children served
by the schools, and demonstrate awareness of specialists, agencies,
and organizations that serve disabled children and their
- Demonstrate appropriate and effective office management skills
such as planning, organizing and implementing.
- Exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and exercise
confidentiality of information in accordance with requirements of
- Ensure timely, accurate business and financial reports that are
prepared in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Maintain a positive relationship with professional associates,
state and local agencies, the community, and parents of the
students in the Special School District.
- Participate in school sponsored activities.
- Supervise assigned staff providing leadership and coordination
for a team approach.
- Apply knowledge and skills of supervision to programs and
personnel demonstrating appropriate and effective interpersonal
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate.
- Promote the administrative team concept.
- Plan and conduct staff observations and evaluations for
performance accountability programs for classified and unclassified
employees according to the current approved performance appraisal
- Provide for staff development.
- Directly supervise all aspects of the accounting functions of
the Louisiana Special School District (SSD). Direct and monitor the
budgeting, receipts, disbursement and accounting of all
appropriated and non-appropriated funds for SSD, as it relates to
revenue and grants.
- Direct the maintenance of historical business records, reports
and files for the SSD Business Office.
- Provide professional administrative leadership and direction in
the management of the shared business activities of the SSD for
business areas assigned to this position.
- Provide systematic fiscal operation and management functions
for SSD shared services.
- Monitor current policies and procedures of the Business
department to ensure correct application; develop and implement new
policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure efficient use
of staff and that SSD goals and objectives are achieved.
- Serve as an advisor and advocate of facility wide compliance
with internal controls to maintain accountability.
- Assist with the establishment and development of long range
- Assist the Business Manager in developing funding strategies to
allow SSD to provide the most cost efficient services possible and
utilize all funds available.
- Assist the Business Manager in determining priorities for all
SSD departments within the parameters of budget constraints
inclusive of changes to the organization's structure.
- Research and implement cost saving measures and alternative
means of financing to accomplish the stated mission of SSD.
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality in attendance and in
- Exhibit professional ethics.
- Exhibit initiative and recognize and follow established
- Exhibit a willingness to accept and use suggestions for
- Use time effectively.
- May be required to develop and implement a Professional Growth
Plan in consultation with the designated supervisor.
- May be required to complete a self-evaluation.
- Maintain an appropriate student-adult relationship and respect
the individual worth and dignity of each student.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: State of Louisiana, Baton Rouge , Manager of Grants Revenue, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!