Executive Director - MCRA
Company: Baton Rouge General
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Manage Others: No Contact information Name: Phone: 2253816930
Email: Description KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes MCRA strategic plan in collaboration with staff,
board, membership, and partners. MCRA's strategic plan provides the
path for achieving desired goals pertaining to the organization's
goals and priorities.
- Leads and manages MCRA by facilitating the vision, mission, and
values of the Board of Directors, developing credible network
relationships with constituent organizations within the community
and surrounding region. Cultivates new donor relationships and
- Strengthens the political and administrative conditions within
the Mid City community in Baton Rouge to ensure effective community
planning and organization; effective communication with MCRA
businesses; effective management and coordination of programs,
services and partners including the public and private sector at
- Communicates regularly with the Board of Directors, managers,
staff, external stakeholders, and the public through in-person
meetings, community forums, email, newsletters and written reports
about trends and events of importance to the organization and the
- Delivers high-quality programming that engages the membership
and strengthens local community economic efforts; promotes
cross-sector collaboration and develops new key partnerships.
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS/CHARACTERISTICS The Executive Director
position requires a visionary, mission-oriented, and
entrepreneurial individual who thrives in a dynamic environment.
Ideal candidates for this position will bring a variety of valuable
experiences and attributes that include but are not limited to:
- Effective leadership related to affordable housing,
mission-driven community economic development and/or real estate
development. Success collaborating with boards, local government,
and elected officials.
- Ability to lead multiple projects with a performance-driven
focus and a dedication to the equitable development and expanded
economic opportunities in the Mid City and Baton Rouge areas.
- Develops innovative strategies for fundraising and philanthropy
campaigns in not-for-profit settings.
- Extensive leadership experience with not-for-profit
organizations accompanied by notable business acumen.
- Engages with community leaders and key stakeholder groups to
improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the MCRA
- Exceptional communicator with well-developed interpersonal
abilities who can rapidly establish credibility and trust with a
broad range of individuals and entities. Resourceful and creative
with advanced critical thinking and writing skills.
- Encourages team building and development of core staff members
to foster a forward-thinking and inclusive environment.
- Person of high moral character who demonstrates consistency and
acts according to a clear and visible set of values and beliefs;
ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and
confidentiality. Requirements EDUCATION The ideal candidate for
this position will have a record of success in not-for-profit
settings with a background in urban planning and fundraising
preferred. Business or other related degree required. Experience in
lieu of degree will be accepted.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General, Baton Rouge , Executive Director - MCRA, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!