Company: Hargrove Engineers + Constructors
Posted on: September 24, 2022
OverviewEducation: - Bachelor or Master of Science degree in
Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering from an
accredited university is preferred. - - -Certification:
Professional Engineering and/or Project Management Professional
(PMP) registration is highly preferred or may be required.
-Experience: This position requires up to 10 years of relevant
experience in engineering and project management. - -Generally
responsible for performing all aspects of project management for
moderately complex engineering project assignments ensuring total
delivery of the services on time, within performance budget and
quality expectations. This work will be performed under minimal
supervision. ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities will include
but are not limited to:
- Efficiently manage promotional projects minimizing the cost to
Hargrove by working with the Engineering Resource Leaders to
accurately estimate Professional Services man hours to complete the
project while achieving the objectives.
- Successfully managing commercial contract(s) on one or more
projects of various sizes, as required. Ensure that invoices are
paid in a timely manner, Project Change Notices are processed,
monthly Office Earnings Report (OER) is reviewed in the time
allotted, and the project(s) plan in Vision is current.
- Maintaining control of the project by tracking and maintaining
discipline performance budget progress, schedule commitments, and
quality standards. Understanding and utilizing the project tools
that are available for project control.
- Participating in development of all major technical, cost,
scheduling and performance decisions on assigned projects.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications, deliverables
required by client, and design criteria upon assignment to a
project and gaining Hargrove team alignment of schedule and budget
in regard to deliverables required. Work with client team to define
project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals
in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly
by championing the Project Change Notice process and promoting a
positive Change Management culture.
- Leading the effort in building a productive Team both within
Hargrove and with the client. Utilize rewards where applicable to
recognize outstanding contributions.
- Coordinating resource requirements with other ongoing project
work and insure all parties expectations are aligned.
- Planning and organizing the work of your team. Communicating
the plan to your team, the project leadership team and the client.
Aligning the expectations of all parties. Conduct weekly
coordination meetings with the Team.
- Maintaining timely and accurate reporting including weekly and
monthly reports utilizing a comprehensive action item list.
- Reviewing engineering documents, vendor submittals, fabrication
drawings and other construction submittals for compliance with
engineering drawings, specifications, good engineering practice,
and project objectives. Project Manager is responsible for ensuring
all documentation is reviewed and checked against vendor
submittals, specifications, interdiscipline, etc. regardless of
- Ensuring that standard project work processes are followed by
all team members through all phases of engineering, procurement,
- Interviewing discipline leads to maintain up-to-date progress
against man hour expended analysis. Project Manager is responsible
for overall financial health of each project with the respective
discipline leads being responsible for producing the required
deliverables within the given budget.
- Assessing the performance of the project team members through
the course of the project, and work with resource leadership to
organize a qualified and motivated project team.
- Ensuring project documentation is properly reviewed and
approved by the client.
- Providing Construction Phase Support, start-up assistance, and
response to Requests for Information, as needed.
- Managing timeliness of client team decision making and package
- Promoting continuing positive relations with the client
building on long term relationships that continue to add additional
- Completing project closeout as required by the client.
- Effectively and proactively managing the client needs at all
stages of the project.Qualifications
- Knowledge of the Hargrove project execution procedures.
- Knowledge and application of company business standards and
- Knowledge and application of company engineering standards and
project controls tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex project management.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver on commitments.
- A comprehensive understanding of the function of all
engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction
- Ability to manage client relationships in complex
- Ability to relate easily to others in the business community
such as customers, suppliers, contractors, government, professional
and trade associations.
- Ability to handle stress with poise.
- Understanding of existing and potential customer needs and
- Ability to delegate authority appropriately.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and requirements to
team members and to structure accountability.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with team orientation.
- Coaching and mentoring skills and experience.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Keywords: Hargrove Engineers + Constructors, Baton Rouge , Project Manager, Executive , Geismar, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!