Company: Esperanto Developments
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position: General Manager
Esperanto Developments is a dynamic hospitality management company
which brings success to all its stakeholders.
We achieve this with a diverse and talented team by exceeding
expectations of guests, associates and owners.
We bridge the gap between risk and reward providing tools and
confidence to take on bigger and bolder opportunities.
We pride ourselves on building strong partnerships never losing
sight that profitability begins with people and relationships.
Esperanto Developments Vision is to be recognized as an innovative
market leader changing the hospitality industry. We lead on a path
to meaningful growth and make positive impact in the lives of
Esperanto Development LLC. Is a leading hotel management company
with a premier track record of maximizing profitability and
improving asset values for hotel owners. From hotel operations and
property management to electronic distribution and interactive
marketing, Esperanto Development achieves superior operating
results through its strong commitment to guests, associates and
Esperanto Developments is currently seeking a creative, passionate
and experienced General Manager. Able to achieve maximum
profitability while developing the best of the best to provide
exceptional service and ensure memorable guest experience with an
eye on operational excellence.
Required Skills and Requisites:
- Must be able to favorably represent Hotel to the guests and the
community. Operational knowledge of all phases of the hotel;
special knowledge of budget and accounting; sales procedure, proper
selection, development and motivation of personnel skills.
- Materials and Products - Directly or indirectly responsible for
all products, inventory, and consumable items used in the Inn and
the proper preparation and use consistent with the Inn's cost
- Equipment-Direct and indirect responsibility for all hotel
equipment, building, and furnishings.
- Money- Directly and indirectly responsible for all revenues and
accounts receivable & enforcement of cash handling procedures.
- Impeccable standards and service expectations. Ability to
translate expectations positively to hotel team.
- Leadership qualities. Skilled at building a cohesive team and
facilitating goal accomplishment by aligning individual and team
actions with strategies and plans to drive business results.
Requires the ability to inspire confidence and gain respect of
hotel team, industry partners, competitors, and owners.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to convey information
and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and
helping them understand and retain the message. Skilled at
establishing effective relationships with customers and internal
partners; promoting openness, trust and confidence in one's
intentions. Requires effective reading, writing and oral
- Contemporary, creative mindset. Ability to pro-actively foresee
and respond to a diverse, changing environment.
- Ability to effectively partner with internal business alliances
to ensure a cohesive and productive culture.
- Hotel General Manager: 2 years
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Budget Management- Assists in developing operating
- Maintenance of Quality Standards for proper guestroom
cleanliness, function room set up and public room set-ups;
maintenance of all facilities, service and employee performance. Is
required to inspect at least 10 rooms per week.
- Operations Analysis and Department Head Supervision- Analyzes
operations and meets with department heads to review the operations
and receive their suggestions.
- Develops Department Heads - Selects and trains department heads
and keeps them informed of company policies; observes their
performance. Delegates responsibilities, holds them responsible for
standards set forth by Hotel, and assists them in improving their
level of performance.
- Employee Relations - Works with department heads and employees
directly and counsels employees when necessary. Establishes
programs to improve employee morale and motivation. Delegates work
responsibilities in order to best utilize all personnel.
- Forecast and planning - Participates and directs scheduled
internal meetings regarding sales, forecasting, quality control,
- Reports- Prepares all reports on a timely basis. Analyzes and
states strategies to improve.
- Hotel Building Improvements - Prepares required capital
improvements list annually.
- Staffing - Studies and analyzes employee work assignments from
which staffing guides are established and approved. Maintains daily
check on payroll performance and takes affirmative action to
correct high payroll costs. Approves all overtime, both before and
after in the case of an emergency or unscheduled requirement.
Responsible for properly maintaining employee files. Reviews &
submits all payroll in timely fashion.
- Controls Other Expenses - Checks controls and approves all
- Safety and Sanitation - Inspects the property and implements
action to ensure the safety and comfort from fire, injury, or
illness due to unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
- Competition - Obtains current, competitive rate
- Adheres to all company policies & procedures & brand
At Esperanto Developments, we are dedicated to creating and
sustaining meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We
support our associates with highly competitive salaries,
outstanding health, benefits, extensive training and development
programs, promotion within the organization, and a positive
team-based culture where people make the difference.
Esperanto Developments, is an equal opportunity employer with
policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any
protected classification under applicable local, state and/or
federal laws, which can include race, color, creed, sex, national
origin, age, veteran status or physical or mental disability
unrelated to job requirements.
Esperanto Development policies also provide for a drug-free
workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs
or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An
employee's use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also
implicate company policy, where it impairs judgment or work
performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.
Keywords: Esperanto Developments, Baton Rouge , General Manager, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!