Company: Brown & Root
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Located at the site, Manages and leads Health Safety and Environment initiatives and personnel. Coordinates the delivery of HSE products and services to operations and shared services personnel, in support of business acquisition and execution. Interfaces and negotiates with regulatory bodies, clients and subcontractors. Responsible for executing the processes that directly impact training, report writing, quality control, plan development and implementation. Incorporates health standards directed by regulatory agencies to prevent hazards and diseases from work sites. Under general direction, is accountable for the performance and results of a related discipline or sub-group within a function. Manages the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members. Participates in the development of functional strategy and may be responsible for global processes and procedures.
The HSE Manager assignment will promote and support company core value/competencies including but are not limited to:
- Upholds B R Business Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit Leadership, Enhance Teamwork, and Lead by example.
- Commitment and Leadership to company values.
- Use synergy between work groups.
- Responsible for alignment of Team Members.
- Assure that all employees comply with jobsite procedures and guidelines.
- Hold Team Members accountable for using their synergy, on the job, that promotes Team Work to achieve goals objectives.
- Coach, and Engage subordinates in a professional speaking manner. Cultivate their respect and trust in you.
- Assist other Team Members in any way possible.
- Build and foster client relationships.
The purpose of the HSE Manager assignment is to ensure all employees follow health, safety, environmental, and operational procedures of their assigned tasks including but are not limited to:
- Works closely with, and takes oversight direction from the B R Site Manager supporting B R Core Value/Competencies to include Client Core Value/Competencies.
- Monitors all maintenance/construction tasks to ensure a safe work environment is being provided through direct oversight of Craft Supervisors by communicating/setting job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- When needed, directly engages with Engineering Design Contractor Construction Manager to provide project specific Safety support for phases of FEL, constructability/design initiatives, field questionable design installation for all plant unit/areas providing economical productive solutions.
- Monitors/Participates to ensures that daily/morning employee safety huddles at the beginning of shift are being conducted, and that the appropriate HSE content is being promoted.
- Ensures that daily end of shift employee safety huddles is being conducted to ensure employees are fit, and that all work assignments have been completed as scheduled.
- Leads, Plans, and Promotes employee participation in the B R Site Monthly Mass Safety Meeting.
- Participates in B R Monthly RSLT Meeting (Conference call), and the B R Monthly Focus Meeting (Conference call).
--- Participates in B R Daily/Weekly safety audits observing work activity to ensure Operational Discipline is being upheld, any work permits are in place to include Confined Space Entry permits, LTO, and that supporting TSTI/JSA is in place, and being followed.
- Participates in Daily/Weekly Safety audits.
- Attends/Participates in Daily/Weekly Capital Project/Maintenance planning/scheduling meetings.
--- Maintains quality service, and customer satisfaction initiatives by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
--- Reviews systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control to ensure HSE procedure/policies are incorporated.
--- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Create and Sustain a Safe Work Environment, Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, and Dealing with complexity.
- Identifies opportunities for outstanding employee HSE performance and applies the appropriate employee recognition.
- Conducts investigations of all lost-time accidents, significant first aid cases, "near-misses" and/or damage to property or equipment. Completes an analysis of each Incident Investigation and reports any serious injury to the federal or state authority as required. When requested by the Legal Department, will assist with other accident
- Completes the Employer's First Report of Injury (State Specific) after receiving the Incident Report from the supervisor. Follows up on all injuries to ensure proper care.
- Reports all incidents and keeps records of all injuries, arranges for any necessary medical exams, arranges for proper medical attention for employees injured on the job, provides first aid and makes arrangements for injured employees to be treated by a doctor (when necessary) and provide follow-up care under the direction of a doctor
The work schedule is based on a standard full-time 40-hour work week
Work Schedule Note: HSE Manager will be expected to support project schedules that require; week-day after normal hours, weekend hours, or any special defined work schedule that is needed to support maintenance/capital project work activity.
Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 10+ years of HSE experience in the petrochemical industry.
Skills and Qualifications
- ASP and/or CSP or equivalent
- Capable of being exposed to dusty, hot/cold/wet conditions (snow-rain)
- Possesses 10-12 years of direct related HSE experience with achieved certifications/qualifications through educational institutions, technical programs, NCCER etc.
- Possesses 3-5 years of experience with direct supervision of employees within the related disciplines working in a fast-paced maintenance/construction type environment
Keywords: Brown & Root, Baton Rouge , HSE Manager, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
here to apply!