Assistant Meat/Seafood Manager
Company: Sprouts Farmers Market
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Job Introduction: Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge of meat
and seafood with others while helping to teach and develop a team?
Do you enjoy working in an environment that requires precision and
expertise? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary
customer service experience while working in a fast paced and
friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy
choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley -
then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market
as an Assistant Meat Manager.
Overview of Responsibilities: As the Assistant Meat & Seafood
Manager - you have a role in helping customers make healthy food
choices by providing excellent customer service through managing
and leading one of the busiest teams in our store
- Assist the Meat & Seafood Manager in managing and merchandising
the department for maximum productivity and profit
- Responsible for ordering and inventory controls, product
quality, and supervision of the Meat & Seafood team.
- Effectively coordinate production, merchandising, and sales
through ongoing planning, direction, goal setting, communication,
- Assist in leading a team that brainstorms to deliver the finest
quality of product, highest level of service, and the greatest
experience your customers will receive
- Assist in hiring, teaching, training, developing the Meat &
- Knowledge of weekly ad items and assists with inventory and
ordering; enforcing and following department practices regarding
the receiving, stocking and unloading of product to ensure
freshness and quality and is able to perform and follow our "Clean
as You Go" and "Fresh at 4" Programs.
- Unload and sort through store deliveries, operate, and maintain
meat & seafood equipment
- Ensure the execution of all company health, safety, and
sanitation guidelines/regulations, and validate that other Meat &
Seafood team members are also aware of, and following, these
- If you're someone who thrives in a fast paced environment, then
we want to hear from you! Qualifications: To be an Assistant Meat
Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a basic knowledge of math,
weights and measures. Must have a minimum of 2 years professional
experience, proven leadership experience, and 2-3 years of grocery
retail experience in Meat department processes and procedures is
- Be dependable and reliable and perform other related duties as
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive
attitude and the ability to interact with our customers.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as
the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take
direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and
sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler,
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures
regulations, and Company recipes.
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and
a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area., and
perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize
work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer,
- Possess good vision is required for using sharp knives, band
saw, grinder, sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between
25 to 90 lbs., from 4" to 60", a distance up to 10 feet for 20
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to
500 lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100
feet for up to 5 hours.
- Be able to horizontally move racks of products weighing up to
70 lbs., requiring a force up to 25 lbs., for a distance up to 50
feet for up to 10 hours.
- Be able to move tables weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a
force greater than 35 lbs., a distance up to 2 feet for up to 1
hour. Benefits: In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a
comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These
- Competitive pay
- Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your
immediate families health
- Vacation accrual plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your
household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company
- Company paid life insurance
- Contests and appreciation events throughout the year full of
prizes, food and fun! Eligibility requirements may apply for the
- Bonus based on company and/or individual performance
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental and
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent
- Company paid short-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers
- Paid holidays Get Paid Every Day!
Sprouts Farmers Market offers DailyPay - if you're hired as an
eligible employee, you'll be able to transfer the money you've
already earned at no extra cost, and get it the next business day,
for free. We offer DailyPay so you don't have to wait for payday to
access the money you've already worked for. With DailyPay, you can
see how much you've made every day and you can transfer your money
any time before payday.
You can learn more by visiting .
Why Sprouts: Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh
food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on
customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer
high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of
scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly,
old-fashioned farmer's market setting. Come grow your career in
healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams
that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this
work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts' management reserves
the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and
requirements to meet business and organizational needs as
Sprouts will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with
California law, please see here for more information.
Keywords: Sprouts Farmers Market, Baton Rouge , Assistant Meat/Seafood Manager, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!