Director of Business Development - Dedicated Transportation
Company: Ryder System, Inc.
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 16, 2023
The Director Business Development (DBD) is responsible for leading
the pursuit of new business and expansion/renewal business as
applicable. A successful DBD will coordinate the complete sales
cycle process including lead generation, prospect qualification,
and leading the cross-functional pursuit team by providing clear
direction on deal strategy: pricing, service, value proposition and
presentation message and medium. The focus for this position is on
new sales contracts, team selling, and solution selling. The
individual will be issued a sales quota, for which they will be
- Lead deal pursuit Create deal and pricing strategy.o Proposal
plan of attacko Prospect new brands and develop industry network to
build pipelineo Explore cross sell opportunities where applicableo
Negotiate contracts and close deals
- Continued commercial support on accounts closed DBD.o Explore
cross-selling opportunities for existing clients
- Further education on vertical for consultative selling
- Focus in one vertical/business unit - can work other deals at
sales leader's discretion.Understand how Ryder's solutions can be
customized to meet customer's needs.Transition new accounts to
combo after 24 months unless otherwise decided by Sales &
Operations management. Transition new business to Director of Key
Accounts to further develop after 24 months unless otherwise
decided by Sales & Operations management.
- Propose $120 million over 5 year period.
- Sign 1 cross sell opportunity SCS /DTS.
- Adhere to Ryder's Policies and Procedures including Travel and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to listen, write, and speak effectively Inform,
explain, and give instructions.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set
priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work
- Ability to effectively think, speak and act without
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships
within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups,
- Ability to influence internal and/or external
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Understanding of services, costs, pricing and value expert
- Bachelor's degree required business administration, finance, or
- Master's degree preferred business administration
- Five (5) years or more sales experience: 3 years at quota and 2
years at 75% of quota required.
- Five (5) years or more in selling supply chain solutions and/or
achieve quota attainment more than 3 times within a 60-month period
- Understanding of services, costs, pricing and value. expert
- Noncommercial Driver License CLASS E
DOT Regulated - No
REMOTE - 50% travel anticipated
Applicants from California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York City,
and Washington - Salary is determined based on internal equity;
internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant's skills;
prior relevant experience; certain degrees or certifications, etc.
The salary for this position ranges from $100,000 to $175,000.
Salaries may be supplemented with a bonus, or commissions as
applicable and/or as business conditions allow.
Job Category: Outside Sales
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process.
Keywords: Ryder System, Inc., Baton Rouge , Director of Business Development - Dedicated Transportation, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!