Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Our Ecoservices division is on the hunt for a Unit Manager to be
based in our Baton, Rouge, LA plant.Responsibilities:
- Responds to electronic inquires/memo regarding unit
operations/maintenance/safety concerns on computer systems.
- Directs and coordinates, either direct or through subordinate
supervisory personnel, activities concerned with production of
- Utilizes knowledge of product technology, production methods
and procedures to develop short-term and long-term solutions
regarding maintenance issues within the unit.--
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and
quality control standards.--
- Utilizes knowledge of equipment and machine capabilities to
develop action plan to increase the reliability of the unit.--
Recognizes problems and opportunities to formulate action
plan(s)for obtaining/surpassing unit standards and achieving
production and quality goals.
- Obtain data regarding quantities, specifications and delivery
dates of products to internal customers - Treatment Services and
Shipping and Receiving.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes
production priorities for products in keeping with effective
operations and cost factors.--
- Coordinates production activities with procurement,
maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum
production and utilization of human resources, machines, and
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance,
and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with
product specifications,and operating or production problems.
Compiles operational data and displays on graphs to
facilitate/enhance unit and personnel performance.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures
designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product
quality.-- Track procedure and process changes through Management
of Change system to document coordination and communication to
appropriate personnel the stages of change implementation till
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of
equipment failure or operating problems.-- Consults with
engineering and maintenance personnel as well as other resource
avenues relative to modification of machines and equipment in order
to improve production and quality of products.--
- Conducts initial turnaround meetings to determine scope of
work.-- Provides cost justifications when necessary.-- Leads
- Reviews incident database and reports to determine cause of
incident.---- Develop causal tree as needed.-- Document initial
incident situation pictorially and track implementation of
resolution (s) to insure closure and abatement of cause.
- Monitor safety performance and housekeeping within the unit
daily.-- Performs biweekly assessment of ground water-outfall
- Maintains rapport with unit personnel daily through direct
communication regarding operational, maintenance, or safety
- Develops appropriate safety training for personnel regarding
changes in procedures, and accountability.
- Conducts meetings to resolve or affect resolution of grievances
with management, employee and union representative.
- Recommends personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers,
discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment per job task
specification or specified plant location.
- Performs other duties as designated by supervisor.Health,
Safety, and Environmental Responsibilities:
- Attends weekly safety meeting to address safety and
environmental concerns and incidents as well as current safety
performance.-- Reviews and discusses safety incident occurrences
within the industrial community or other plant-sites.-- Addresses
current safety issues brought forth by unit personnel.
- Performs safety presentation regarding relevant subject
matter.-- This information includes, but is not limited to outside
resources, accident/incident database, etc.
- Assists in development and coordination of the safety training
within the department.-- Compiles and presents monthly report
regarding production, operational and maintenance issues and
- Participates on the Emergency Responder Training Team and/or
- Listens to operations health, safety, and environmental
concerns and provides feedback in a timely manner.
- Completes computer-based training to comply with Health,
Safety, & Environmental requirements and policies.
- Reviews all safety concerns generated in the
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering, preferably chemical or
- Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC)
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to define problems, collect data, establishes facts and draw valid
- Experience with interpreting an extensive variety of technical
instructions, in books, manuals, and mathematical form.
- Ability to deals with several abstract and concrete
- Experience utilizing algebra that deals with system of real
numbers; linear quadratic, rational, exponential; logarithmic,
angle and circular functions, and inverse functions; related
algebraic solution of equations and inequalities; limits and
continuity, and probability and statistical inference.-- Also
utilizes geometry including deductive axiomatic geometry, plane and
solid; and rectangular coordinates. Will utilize shop math
including practical application of fractions, percentages ratio and
proportion, mensuration, logarithms, practical algebra, geometric
constructions, and essentials of trigonometry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills--
Keywords: Ecovyst, Baton Rouge , Unit Manager, Executive , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!