Certified School Psychologist - Baton Rouge (20-21)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA
will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools
opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and
new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
About Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge is ranked in the top 100 on the U.S. News and World
Report Best Places to Live Rankings. It is also home to IDEA
Innovation and IDEA Bridge, the first IDEA Public School regions
outside of the state of Texas. We are honored to pledge our passion
and focus to the students of Baton Rouge and provide an educational
experience that will end with college acceptance and
While Baton Rouge is well known for its delicious cuisine and
entertainment, it is also a nucleus for an abundant culture and
history. We are ecstatic to enlist a cohort of strong individuals
that will help support student's dreams to get to and through
About New Orleans
IDEA New Orleans opened their doors in the fall of 2019 with the
launch of IDEA Oscar Dunn. Home to world-class restaurants, and
beautiful architecture - IDEA is ecstatic to enlist a cohort of
strong individuals that will help support student's dreams to get
to and through college.
In 2017, only 1 in 6 students graduated in the state of Louisiana
graduated college ready. Changing this statistic is part of the
promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. IDEA Southern
Louisiana is part of the solution for sharing the endless
possibilities in grade school, college, and beyond.
IDEA Public Schools works to ensure the success of all students and
to address any barriers which may impact students from achieving
incredible academic and social outcomes. Certified School
Psychologists, partner with regional instructional leaders, a
portfolio of campus leaders, and teachers to maximize student
The IDEA Certified School Psychologist demonstrates knowledge and
skill in assessment, eligibility for Special Education, academic
and behavioral interventions, state and federal legal frameworks
for Special Education, and ensures compliance with Special
Education compliance. LSSPs will help a portfolio of campuses
support students and parents through problem solving interventions
with students, who may be struggling both academically and
behaviorally. In addition, LSSPs will provide direct student
behavioral supports and track student progress towards IEP
The Certified School Psychologist will demonstrate knowledge of and
aid in the development, completion, and monitoring of IEP
(Individualized Education Program) for Special Education Services
as per State and Federal Guidelines.
- Supports the special education teachers in developing
appropriate IEP academic, behavioral, and social goals.
- Ensure services are being provided as indicated in the
- Meet 100% compliance in Annual and ensure all paperwork is
submitted in a timely manner.
- Works in conjunction with Speech Language Pathologists,
Occupational Therapists, and other related and Instructional
Service Personnel (VI, AI, APE, PT) to ensure completion of all
paperwork in a timely manner.
- Follows correct procedures for maintaining records and
services.The Certified School Psychologist will plan and complete
100% of individual and group Special Education counseling services
for all eligible students as well as intervene with all students in
emotional or behavioral crisis on an emergency basis.
- Ensure all counseling services are tracked.
- Complete counseling service notes per session.
- Be trained in Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI).
- Conduct crisis counseling when necessary.
- Guide the campus in interventions for students who are in
emotional and behavioral crisisThe Certified School Psychologist
will support campuses in implementation of 504, Critical Student
Intervention (CSI), and Response to Intervention (RTI).
- Provide support to 504 campus coordinator with 504 meeting
requirements, 504 eligibility determination, Homebound services,
and Manifestation Determination.
- Conduct dyslexia evaluations for 504 students.
- Guide campuses in tracking and documenting academic and
behavioral interventions in TIER I, TIER II, and TIER III.The IDEA
Certified School Psychologist will evaluate students with different
disabilities and demonstrate knowledge of eligibility criteria for
Special Education as per state and federal guidelines.
- Conducts multidisciplinary evaluations Full and Individual
Evaluations for all Non-Speech only students who are referred for 1
or more eligibility categories
- Ensures psychological evaluations for Autism and Emotional
Disturbance are conducted in accordance with National Association
of School Psychologist's best practice recommendations.
- Adhere to most up to date evaluation tools and standards as
stipulated in the American Psychological Association Testing
- Conducts evaluations as needed for student College Board
- Helps the campus conduct a Functional Behavioral Assessment.The
Certified School Psychologist will support the campus RTI (Response
to Intervention) coordinator in tracking and monitoring students in
Response to Intervention for academic and behavioral concerns.
- Ensure that campuses are employing a problem-solving model for
students in TIER II and TIER III.
- Guides the campus in how to track and document academic and
- Aids the campus in completing Functional Behavioral Assessments
and Behavior Intervention Plans in Response to Intervention.
- Provides guidance on academic and behavioral interventions in
TIERII and TIER III.
- When necessary ensures that students referred to Special
Education have participated in TIER II and TIER III interventions
for an appropriate amount of time prior to referral for Special
Education evaluations.Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are
capable of getting to and through college.
- Is driven by outcomes and results and wants to be held
accountable for them.
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve quickly.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization.
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships in order to achieve outcomes.
- Embodies IDEA's core values Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide program support to special education
- Demonstrate competence in the psychological evaluation,
diagnoses, and in the formal report of evaluation results of
- Demonstrate competence in developing and implementing
prevention techniques and interventions, including a variety of
approaches to counseling students and families.
- Demonstrate competence in collaboration, consultation,
relationship building with a wide variety of individuals and
- Demonstrate knowledge, competence, and sensitivity in
understanding, interacting, collaborating, evaluating, counseling,
consulting, advising, and implementing interventions and programs
with colleagues, students, and families from diverse backgrounds,
cultures, and ethnicities; with minority populations; and with
students from special circumstances.
- Demonstrate competence in presenting himself or herself as a
knowledgeable psychological service professional.
- Demonstrate competence in the skills related to successful
functioning as a Certified School PsychologistQualifications:
- Completion of a school psychology training program in
Louisiana, which meets the requirements of the Standards for
Training Programs in School Psychology.
- Completion of academic preparation in school psychology in
another state and submission of academic preparation, as evaluated
by the Bureau of Higher Education and Teacher Certification, judged
to meet the requirements of the Standards for Training Programs in
- Level A: Issued to applicants who meet the requirements for the
Standard Certificate and who possess a doctoral degree (such as
PhD, EdD..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Baton Rouge , Certified School Psychologist - Baton Rouge (20-21), Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!