Private Duty Nurse
Company: LHC Group
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Company OverviewEgan Ochsner is hiring RNs and LPNs for
pediatric patients in Baton Rouge. See details below. We pay
Eligible for $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
As a Registered Nurse RN or Licensed Practical Nurse LPN, you will
render professional nursing care to patients in their home by
assessing, developing, implementing, and evaluating home nursing
care needs of assigned patients. The LPN or RN will also educate
and advise patients and their families in how to get the most from
their treatment programs.
Egan Ochsner Home and Community Based Services, a part of LHC
Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Ped patient trach and vent shifts are 7a-7p daily
Pedi patient trach and vent shifts are 7:30a-5:30p M-FEssential
- Provide skilled nursing interventions according to the Plan of
Care in the treatment of the patient/clients illness,
rehabilitative needs and preventative care. Apply knowledge and
skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice
to facilitate problem resolution and achieve individualized patient
goals and outcomes.
- Consult with the RN Supervisor regarding needed changes in the
Plan of Treatment. Accept verbal orders from physician where
permitted by state law/regulations/Nurse Practice Act and
communicate these orders to the RN Supervisor.
- Maintain contact with patients, physicians, clinical
manager(s), and other members of the healthcare team in a timely
manner regarding patient/family needs and status changes.
- Participate in report, care coordination activities/ case
conferences and discharge planning..
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct by
delivering care in a manner that protects and preserves the
patients dignity, rights, values, beliefs, privacy and
- Complete a clinical note for each visit within required
timeframes, capturing physical assessment, home environment,
medication changes and any skilled interventions provided during
the course of the visit as well as any care coordination with
health care team. This note will be incorporated into the patient's
- Participate in all required in services programs
- Participates in educational offerings and clinical experiences
offered by LHC to maintain current knowledge, skills, abilities and
judgment in clinical practice
- Adhering to and supports the agency's care management
- Participating in Quality Improvement activities
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree or higher in Nursing
- Must have current RN or LPN licensure for state of LA
- Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a
- Ability to successfully complete required background check and
- Current CPR certification required
Keywords: LHC Group, Baton Rouge , Private Duty Nurse, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!