Company: Option Care Health Inc.
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.With the nation's
largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of
your career.Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent
home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United
States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we
work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with
acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical
leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is
re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers
and employees.At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being
extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as
diverse as the patients and communities we serve.--
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is
more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team
members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a
-----Job Description Summary:The Pharmacy Manager is a licensed
professional who is responsible for planning, organizing, directing
and providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to Option Care
patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of the
Option Care, current pharmacy practice professional standards, and
other regulatory entities. The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for
the coordination of patient services with the nursing, delivery and
reimbursement departments. The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for
the appropriate budgeting, purchasing, control and security of all
drug products and medical supplies. The Pharmacy Manager is
responsible for assisting the Operations Director meet operational
and financial goals for the location.Job Description: ---Job
- Determines suitability of patients for home care. Supervises,
monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of patient
care provided by pharmacy staff. Manages daily activities with
regards to effective operations and communications.
- Directs the activities of the pharmacy department. Schedules
work activities of pharmacy staff so that the pharmaceutical-care
needs of the patients are met.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open
communication, training and development opportunities and
performance management processes.
- Oversees product purchasing, inventory, budget and equipment
management. Assists the General Manager in preparing, securing
approval for, and implementing operating and expenditure budgets
for department, and operates within those guidelines. Evaluates and
oversees the purchase, management and security of all medications,
pumps and medical supplies in accordance with the Option Care
policies and formulary guidelines.
- Provides support to sales professionals and general manager by
speaking knowledgeably of the scope of services that are available
through Option Care. Description of available services is accurate.
Meets with managed care organizations and other accounts to
facilitate education regarding available services.
- May serve as the Office Administrator with the Director of
Nursing or Nurse Manager in the absence of the General Manager.
Collects and organizes all patient-specific information needed to
prevent, detect, and resolve medication-related problems and to
make appropriate medication therapy recommendations.
- Monitors the clinical staff's documentation on pharmacy care
plans for home care patients based on evaluation of monitoring data
and other pertinent patient-specific information.
- Evaluates competency in the use of pharmacokinetic principles
and formulas and competency.
- Ensures that medications are prepared and dispensed using
appropriate techniques and following Option Care' policies and
procedures. Equipment is accurately calibrated. Medications are
prepared so they are appropriately concentrated, without
incompatibilities, stable, and appropriately stored.
- Coordinates and participates in on-call responsibilities of the
pharmacy department. Ensures reliable pharmacy coverage for on-call
activities. Provides reliable pharmacy services when scheduled to
- Manages the use of investigational drug products according to
established regulations and Option Care policies and procedures. In
all activities, complies with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and
safety requirements.Supervisory Responsibilities: (i.e. hiring,
recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling,
performance reviews, discipline, etc.)YesBasic Education and/or
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Current, active Pharmacy license as granted by the State Board
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in a clean room or infusion
pharmacy setting OR 3 years of experience and one of the following:
(a) knowledge of non-sterile compounding, and MTM (b) completion of
an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Residency Program, or (c) equivalent
experience as approved by the VP of Pharmacy and/or SVP of Clinical
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people,
including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and
managing departmental expense and capital budgets or completion of
an ASHP accredited Residency Program or equivalent experience as
approved by the National Director of Pharmacy and/or VP of Clinical
ServicesBasic Qualifications & Interests:
- Experience compounding sterile products and managing patient
- Experience overseeing purchasing and inventory process of all
pharmaceutical and related substances and supplies.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable
the incumbents to make home visits to treat/attend to their
patients. If such means of transportation would include a personal
vehicle, a valid driver's license and a proof of insurance would be
- Active membership in a related state or national clinical,
pharmaceutical, or home health care organization
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending
and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external
customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a
document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type
and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting
bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell
check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a
workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size,
formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions,
aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a
column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting
margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating
between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and
editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving
objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).Travel
- Willing to travel up to 5 % of the time for business purposes.
(Within state and out of state).Preferred Qualifications &
- Post-graduate residency program in clinical pharmacy
- Board certification in Nutrition Support Pharmacy,
Pharmacotherapy or other clinical pharmacy practice area.
- Experience managing inventory and logistics.
- At least 5 years of experience compounding sterile products and
managing complex infusion patients.
- At least 3 years of experience overseeing purchasing and
inventory process of all pharmaceutical and related substances and
supplies.This job description is to be used as a guide for
accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers
the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is
in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of
duties.Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, making employment available without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status
according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status, or genetic information.---Posted: Jan 19, 2021 Option Care
subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making
employment available without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration
Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
E-Verify-- is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of
Keywords: Option Care Health Inc., Baton Rouge , Pharmacy Manager, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!