Company: National Medical Association
Posted on: April 11, 2021
The Nurse Practitioner performs physical examinations and
preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and
instructions of physician.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis,
based on patient's condition.
- Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to
prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of
- Monitors and maintains progress of patients and reports
progress to supervising physician.
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees
and volunteers as part of an IDT. QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of (2) years
experience in hospice, home health or community health in the past
five (5) years.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to assist in lifting and transferring patients
- Lift objects in excess of 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close
vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to stand or walk in excess of one
hour per day, talk, hear, sit, stoop, kneel and crouch as needed.
- Requires completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner
- State licensure is also required. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V VITAS-- Healthcare, a pioneer and leader in the
hospice movement since 1978, is the nation's leading provider of
end-of-life care. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, VITAS
(pronounced VEE-tahs) operates 47 hospice programs in 14 states and
the District of Columbia. (California, Connecticut, Delaware,
Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio,
Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin). VITAS employs 12,078
professionals who care for terminally ill patients daily, primarily
in the patients' homes, but also in the company's 28 inpatient
hospice units as well as in hospitals, nursing homes and assisted
living communities/residential care facilities for the elderly. At
the conclusion of the second quarter of 2019, VITAS reported an
average daily census of 18,845. National Medical Association - 8403
Colesville Road, Suite 820, Silver Spring, MD 20910 -
Keywords: National Medical Association, Baton Rouge , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Lakeland, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!