Posted on: November 22, 2021
CORECIVIC IS A LEADER IN CORRECTIONAL HEALTHCARE! -DISCOVER A
CAREER, NOT JUST A JOB! - DISCOVER CORECIVIC!Easy apply in less
than 10 minutesAt -CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we
care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking -Registered Nurses
(PRN) -who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in
an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse (RN) plans and
provides comprehensive nursing care including, but not limited to,
executing Licensed Independent Provider's orders, dispensing and
administering medications, and assisting Licensed Independent
Provider in examinations and treatment of patients. Applies nursing
and supervisory techniques required in the care, treatment, and
referrals of inmates/residents. Performs all technical/clinical
procedures within the scope of his/her education and licensure.The
successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following
functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the
actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents;
prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare
examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or
injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer
inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate
healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed
Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise and monitor nursing care provided
by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed
medical staff.More about CoreCivic!Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the
leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety;
- CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to the government and the
people they serve;
- CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you. -Each CoreCivic
facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature
kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational
training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing
units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we
provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock. -Qualifications: -
- Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing
program with a degree/diploma in nursing.
- Must possess current licensure in the state of employment.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Baton Rouge , RN (PRN), Healthcare , Natchez, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!