Company: Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Our Lady of the Lake - -STE Pharmacy - Pharmacist PRN - Job
Description Provides proper and adequate pharmaceutical service,
including preparation and dispensation of all drugs. The Staff
Pharmacist ensures proper storage, packaging, stability, and
disposition of pharmaceuticals Job Specifications
- Reviews and interprets patient prescriptions and profiles in
order to prevent overdoses, incompatibilities, and toxicity and to
ensure the provision of high-quality pharmacy services and patient
care. Accurately and efficiently processes orders/IV admixtures
- Demonstrates understanding of hospital formulary system and
insures compliance with the hospital formulary.
- Documents all clinical interventions in the department approved
- Strives to promote the quality and efficiency of his/her own
performance through participation in staff educational programs,
approved continuing education courses, and specialized skill
training programs. Participates in the training of new employees
and interning students.
- Observes and adheres to all departmental and hospital policies
and procedures, and follows all safety, quality assurance, and
infection control standards.
- Communicates with physicians and nursing staff/customers
concerning the availability, side effects, and possible
incompatibilities of new as well as currently used drugs.
Demonstrates engagement with pharmacy practices through: reviewing
pharmacy and therapeutics newsletter, departmental minutes, and
communication with management.
- Effectively manages support staff and provides direction in
their daily responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Education
Bachelor's Degree Licensure Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist in
Keywords: Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, Baton Rouge , Pharmacist PRN, Healthcare , Gonzales, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!