Company: Heart of Hospice
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- $7,500 Sign On Bonus!
- Excellent Pay & Benefits
- 1: Great Culture - join our family!
- 1 Patient Care
- Flexibility to Create Your Own Schedule
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The Registered Nurse (RN) in Hospice assumes full nursing
responsibility for the delivery of the Plan of Care for each
hospice patient. Continuously evaluates personal and professional
performance and makes necessary changes to increase productivity
and quality of care delivered. Adheres to and supports the
policies/procedures/goals/objectives of hospice in an attempt to
assure quality patient care. Strives for independence and sound
critical decision-making regarding the delivery of patient care in
a cost-effective manner without compromising quality. Develops the
patients Plan of care in collaboration with other professionals and
implements treatment strategies based on scientific nursing theory
that promotes physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual
well-being. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
Familiar with the concepts and needs of patients / families who are
facing death and dying issues. Effective communication skills, both
verbally and written.
Heart of Hospice a part of LHC Group is the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
For More Career Opportunities with LHC Group visit
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility
for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and
environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every
fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care. Documents problems,
appropriate goals, interventions and patient/family response to
hospice care. Collaborates with the patient/family, attending
physician and other members of the IDG in providing patient and
family care on a daily basis.
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care
techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the
patient's condition. Reports patient condition and any identified
needs/issues to Administrator on a daily basis.
- Supervises and evaluates the home health aides/homemaker's
ability to perform assigned duties every 14 days. Performs
supervisory aide visits to the patient's residence every 14 days to
assess whether goals are being met.
- Performs supervisory visits with the aide present per state
- Participates in LHC Connect and completes all required hospice
assigned modules on-line on a monthly basis.
- Participates in daily nursing report on patients to
Administrator and provides all necessary documentation.
- Performs 60 or 90 day record review (recertification's) as
appropriate. Follows processes and regulations for admissions and
recertification of hospice patients and reviews findings with
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Group Meeting (IDG) regarding
patient care every 14 days.
- Participates in the QAPI plan and process on a daily basis
indentifying any problems to Administrator.
- Compliance with procedures and processes of ordering/obtaining
medications ordered by the physician and included in the patients
Plan of care from Hospice Pharmacia. Assures compliance when
possible of medication regime within the specified formulary.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel file.
- Performs LPN Supervisory visits as assigned by Administrator
and in accordance with state regulations.
- May fill-in as Alternate if Administrator is unavailable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires.
- Participates in on-call rotation.Education &
- One year of clinical experience.
- LA: a minimum two years full time experience working as an RN.
However, two years of full time clinical experience in hospice care
as a licensed practical nurse may be substituted for the required
two years of experience as a registered nurse.License Requirements
- Current RN licensure in the state of Louisiana
- Current CPR Certification
- Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance, and access
to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination
by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If
permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for
religious or medical exemptions.
Keywords: Heart of Hospice, Baton Rouge , RN (Hospice), Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!