Field Based Community Health Worker (Louisiana)
Company: CVS Health
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The mission of Aetna Better Health of LA (ABHLA) is to build a
healthier world through better health, better care, and lower
costs. We have embraced the quintuple aim as our guiding framework
that integrates population health, equity, cost reduction, patient
experience, and care team wellbeing into everything we do. We are
leading the change by challenging the status quo with new
technologies, VBP models, innovation, and integration of behavioral
and physical health; and attracting and inspiring our local team by
unlocking the power of our people to transform health care.
This is a full-time remote worker opportunity in LA. Qualified
candidates must reside in Region 5 and one of the following
regions/parishes: Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, or
Community Health Care Workers (CHW) serve the community as a bridge
between the member (community) and the healthcare system
(providers) through outreach and education. By providing these
services, CHW's help Aetna members attain and maintain better
health outcomes, improve relationships with healthcare providers
and help both parties to become more acculturated with each other.
This position will work under the direction of a designated
professional. This position require in-state travel 60-75% of the
* Conduct home visits with Aetna members with chronic conditions to
reinforce following the care plan, adjusting tasks to fit with the
member's culture, language, and religion, improve access to care,
identify health care needs, and reduce unnecessary
* Educate healthcare professionals and providers on opportunities
for improving and understanding the social determinants of health
that may be impacting member's health and treatment plan through
various communication channels.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with the Aetna
members, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives,
supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and
* Work to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between
clients and institutions.
* Assist with care plan implementation and Aetna member education
during in-home visits, help develop care management strategies, and
work with team members to provide linkages for the various health
and social needs of members.
* Assist members to identify socio- economic issues that affect
their overall health and develop health/social management plans and
* Identify gaps and opportunities to strengthen systems of care
within the member's community and assists members in utilizing
community services, including scheduling appointments with social
services agencies, (including transportation vendors), and
assisting with completion of applications for eligible
* Assist with patient medication adherence by: instructing the
member on current medication list, reviewing medications with
member and assist in obtaining refills.
* Teach disease self-management (i.e., nutrition, symptom tracking
* Accompany members to appointments as needed.
* Enter and maintain member records in electronic health record
system, compile reports and complete other program documentation in
a timely manner (e.g., progress notes, letters), and other
administrative responsibilities as needed.
* Travel extensively to client homes, community locations, various
agencies, and other outreach destinations.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for
all positions in the job grade within which this position falls.
The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of
factors, including location.
* Must reside in LA and within the assigned region.
* If not CHW certified at time of hire, must successfully complete
a Certified Community Health Worker /Promotora certification
program as recognized by the State of Louisiana within 12 months of
* Ability to travel 60-75% of the time. Must have access to
* 3-5 years' relevant work experience
* 1-2 years' experience providing clinical support services.
* 1+ years of community outreach experience and knowledge of LA
* 1+ years experience working with clients with clinical needs
(physical and/or behavioral health)
* Demonstrated proficiency with a personal computer, keyboard
navigation, and MS Office Suite applications (i.e., MS Teams,
Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Electronic Health Record
* Ability to meet all requirements set forth by local state (i.e.,
first aid, CPR, TB screen, etc.).
* Flexibility to work outside of core business hours Monday-Friday,
8am-5pm, to meet member needs.
* Experience in community/outpatient setting preferred.
* Preferred skills: Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Care,
HIPPA, C.L.A.S. Standards, Motivational Interviewing, and
specialized training in medical terminology and practices for
designated health conditions.
* Experience in serving the Medicaid Populations in urban or rural
environments with familiarity of local formal and informal resource
* Community Health Worker Certification or equivalent training and
* Bilingual speaking skills is a plus.
High school diploma or G.E.D.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares
a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your
health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced
human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in
our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal
message that how we deliver our services is just as important as
what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors--- support this
purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered
by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating
our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care
more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and
sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal
opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for
which CVS Health provides management services. We do not
discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other
personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. We proudly support and encourage people with military
experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as
well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: CVS Health, Baton Rouge , Field Based Community Health Worker (Louisiana), Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!