Registered Nurse - Pain Management - Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To improve the quality of life of
patients and families by coordinating patient care processes of
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in
collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and appropriate
support services for the age population served, as defined in the
department's scope of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates patient assessment through collection of patient's
- PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
Performs ongoing and systematic comprehensive physical and
- Involves the patient, significant others and health care
providers as appropriate.
- Performs functional, nutritional and other screenings as
- Identifies and coordinates the need for further
- Documents patient care assessments in the medical record.
- Participates in both pre-op and post operative phone calls to
patient for positive patient outcomes.
- Analyzes patient assessments to determine nursing diagnoses and
identifies expected outcomes.
- Assessment on all patients and follows protocols according to
established department guidelines and policies.
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently assess patients in every
- Demonstrates proficiency in the management of patients
receiving Procedural Sedation.
- Implements the interventions identified in the procedural
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to
deliver direct patient care utilizing nursing practice standards,
and universal blood and body fluid precautions.
- Maintains patient rights.
- Ensures that patients receive the appropriate treatments and
medications in a timely manner.
- Delegates patient care to other members of the health care
team; ensures the delegated task(s) are within the scope of
practice of the assigned individual and maintains oversight and
- Coordinates direct patient care from appropriate support
- Provides individualized patient education to patient and
- Documents all treatments, medications, patient/family education
and ongoing assessments.
- Evaluates the patient's progress toward attainment of
- Performs ongoing and systematic reassessment according to
department standard or more frequently based on patient
- Evaluates the effectiveness of treatments, medications and
- Provides ongoing patient assessment and emotional support to
the patient prior to the induction of surgical procedures and
during the procedure.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the assessment and documentation of
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and communicate
effectively with patients to help alleviate fear and stress.
- Confirms identity, verifies operative site, surgical procedure,
NPO status, and any patient allergies.
- Identifies baseline skin condition, body mobility, sensory
impairments, cardiovascular and respiratory status.
- Assesses and reports any deviations from normal in preoperative
- Assesses readiness to learn based on patient's perceptions and
expectations of care.
- Identifies any spiritual, cultural and/or philosophical beliefs
that may impact care provided.
- Provides intraoperative nursing care.
- Implements aseptic technique by creating and maintaining a
- Monitors physical status of patient, to administer drugs and
solutions as prescribed.
- Monitors and controls the environment and considers all
assessment information for the plan of care and demonstrates
individual choice based on identified patient needs.
- Applies safety devices.
- Assesses the timing and need for a sponge, needle, and
instrument count and performs required counts accurately.
- Manages culture/specimen collection, handling, and disposition
according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Collaborates in fluid management.
- Provides status report to family/support person.
- Peer review ratings consistently excellent in maintaining
- Patient/family compliment/complaint ratings consistently
- Sets up equipment and supplies for surgical procedures based on
- Obtains correct supplies and accurately sets up for procedure
according to department guidelines and policy.
- Follows department policy and procedure to ensure the creation
and maintenance of a safe environment, as well as performing
- Minimizes the length of invasive procedure by planning care:
anticipates needs for equipment and supplies and selects in an
organized and timely manner.
- Uses supplies and equipment within safe parameters by ensuring
all equipment is functioning before use and removing malfunctioning
equipment for use.
- Implements protective measures to prevent injury due to
electrical, laser, radiation, chemical, thermal, or mechanical
- Uses supplies and equipment in a judicious and cost-effective
manner and documents utilization.
- Records devices implanted during the operative or invasive
- Administers and monitors Procedural Sedation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in management of patients receiving
- Performs other duties as assigned.1 year Nursing experience
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current Louisiana Nursing License
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Registered Nurse - Pain Management - Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!