Speech Therapist PRN- Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Plans and implements specific treatment programs for assigned
patients according to the principles and practices of speech
therapy. Examines, tests and administers treatments for patients
with speech disorders. Evaluates patients regarding the application
of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of
speech disorders. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment
team. Job is performed appropriately for the age population served
as defined in the department's scope of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Completes patient assessments and treatments.
- Assesses patient, plans and implements treatment, periodically
evaluates patient's progress toward goals and documents patient
related assessments and treatments.
- Plans and implements treatment programs based on evaluation
results, discharge goals, and interdisciplinary team patient
- Provides patient and family teaching, including specific
exercise and motor learning to improve strength, endurance,
coordination, self-care training, and sensory stimulation. Provides
- Adapts environment to facilitate patient's progress.
- Utilizes technology effectively to maximize patient gains.
2. Documents Care Provided
- Documents patient records, billing procedures, and productivity
management, as required, adhering to department documentation
standards in patient care.
3. Promotes Team Approach
- Works cooperatively with team members to assure a comprehensive
interdisciplinary patient program and discharge goals,
participating in interdisciplinary team conferences, patient
planning, patient related conferences and meetings for
- Assesses and implements discharge planning activities and makes
appropriate recommendations regarding discharge needs, including
home evaluations and equipment orders when necessary.
- Works with outside vendors and case managers to order patient
specific equipment when funding has been verified.
- Provides staff training to promote patient progress re:
equipment, transfers, mobility, etc.
4. Promotes education and participates department tasks.
- Attends continuing education for licensure requirements and
keeps abreast of current/new treatment approaches and/or
- Attends mandatory meetings, and assists other departments as
- Participates in department management tasks; supervises and/or
provides in-services and training for licensed assistants, rehab
tech, students, hospital staff, and volunteers.
- Offers suggestions for process improvement; recommends to the
supervisor/manager equipment and/or supplies that may enhance Rehab
5. Performs other duties and special projects as required.
- Completes assigned projects by due date.Minimum four years
experience as a staff therapist desired.
Previous supervisory experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Extensive clinical education in multiple areas of occupational
Introductory management courses preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Louisiana State licensure required.
ASHA CCC or CFY Preferred.
Oral and written communication skills required.
Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
Good organizational skills.
Advanced problem and conflict resolution skills.
Good coaching and teaching skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Clinical competence in multiple areas.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Speech Therapist PRN- Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!