LPN- Dr. Watts
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Administers nursing care to designated
patients under the direction/supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties in
accordance with the needs of the age population served, as defined
in the department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete
* Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Collects data essential to assessment and indicates deviations
from normal to the physician.
* Completes collection of assessment data.
* Assist with reassessing patient according to unit standards
and/or hospital policy, as patient needs dictate and reports
pertinent changes in patient status to the R.N. or Physician.
* Completes documentation 100% of the time.
2. Performs patient care according to standards of care and the
needs of the patient.
* Collects data from patient and family.
* Teaches family and patients.
* Completely and accurately documents medication administration,
treatments, collected data, interventions, and unusual occurrences,
as observed by chart review.
* Administers medications as ordered by physician.
* Performs treatments as prescribed by physician.
* Directs and assists ancillary nursing staff with assigned
* Monitors IVs and blood for proper functioning and reports any
untoward side effect to the R.N. or physician immediately.
* Starts IVs prn and as ordered by physician.
3. Performs all other duties as assigned.
One-year experience preferred
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current Louisiana LPN licensure
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records without limitation bother paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results,
surgery/appointment schedules, medical records related to
quality/data, patient financial and 3rd party billing information,
patients related complaints, information related to patient
location, patients' religious beliefs and/or research
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linens, PPE,
exposure control plan, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, administers medications, receives orders for
patients, monitors clinical alarms, and collects blood samples.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , LPN- Dr. Watts, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!