Patient Care Associate - Telemetry - Cardiac II AM
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Works collaboratively with and under the
direct supervision of a registered nurse to participate in the
delivery of patient care for the improvement of quality of life for
patients and families. Job is performed appropriately for the age
population served as defined in the department's scope of
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates the
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention t the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete
* Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides direct patient care and assist the nursing staff with
* Obtains and documents complete vital signs of assigned
* Assists patients/families with activities of daily living (i.e.,
bathing, feeding, personal hygiene, and ambulating).
* Documents intake and output as assigned.
* Reports changes in the patient's condition, in a timely and
accurate manner, to the patient's primary nurse.
* Assists with the collection and transport of specimens in
accordance with the universal precaution policy.
* Retrieves medications from pharmacy in accordance with BRGMC
* Performs waste removal from all areas of the patient care unit,
including hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
* Ensures patient safety by adhering to BRGMC Safety Policy
guidelines, 100% of the time.
* Assists in patient transport.
* Actively participates in maintaining the cleanliness of the
patient care environment.
* Documents accurately and appropriately on patient medical
* Assists with the admission and discharge of patients to the
* Performs effectively in emergency response situation in
accordance with BRGMC Code Policy.
* Follows BRGMC policies and procedures related to the operation
and maintenance of equipment.
* Demonstrates flexibility with staffing, scheduling, and
assignment changes as needed.
2. Performs clerical or Unit Clerk duties as assigned.
* Receives and assists visitors to the unit in accordance with
Everyday Excellence values.
* Answers intercom in a timely and courteous manner, communicating
messages to appropriate personnel.
* Stocks and maintains supplies in patient care area.
3. Participates in the implementation of an interdisciplinary plan
of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary health care team to
deliver direct patient care utilizing nursing practice standards,
and universal blood and body fluid precautions.
* Utilizes interventions that are consistent with the patient's
plan of care.
* Maintains patient rights.
* Ensures that patients receive the appropriate care in a timely
* Assists the RN in coordinating patient care with appropriate
* Participates in providing individualized patient education to
patient and families.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to plan patient
* Documents all patient care and patient/family education in a
4. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Previous job experience preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification or Basic EMT
Certification or Military Medic experience or Nursing Student with
completion of fundamental nursing clinical in RN program
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical
records related to quality/data, patient financial information,
patient billing 3rd party, patients related complaints, information
related to patient location, and/or religious beliefs.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, transporting patients, transporting medications and
blood, and monitoring clinical alarms.
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Patient Care Associate - Telemetry - Cardiac II AM, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!