Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Phlebotomist II Zachary, LAMonday to Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM
(Rotational Weekends)Represents the face of our company to patients
who come to Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine
or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR II
draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those
specimens for lab testing while following established practices and
procedures. The PSR II has direct contact with patients and creates
an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures
to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and
accurate manner. The PSR II will demonstrate Quest Leadership
Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and
sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information.
Successful applicants may be assigned to a doctor's office, a
patient service center, in a house call environment, long-term care
or as business needs dictate.Benefits/Perks:
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT
- 15 PTO days first year
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs
for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided! Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be
required - exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and
religious reasons will be considered if a conditional offer of
employment is extended.Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This
includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and
- Administer oral solutions according to established
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all
written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems,
Client contact, and approved tools.
- Ability to navigate a computer and accurately enter data is a
requirement to be successful in this role.
- Obtain identification and accurately enter billing information
and collect payments when required, following corporate
- Processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging,
aliquoting, freezing and preparing for transport as required by
- Perform all non-patient facing duties, including inventory,
stock supplies, sanitizing, filing, answering phones and utilizing
email as appropriate.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies,
protocols and procedures.
- Assist with compilation and submission of statistics and data
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and
based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature
- Complete online and in person training courses timely. All
requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and
requirements are essential job functions. Required Work Experience:
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of
pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes
weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and
clean driving record, if applicable.Required Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California,
Nevada, and Washington. 3
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Baton Rouge , Phlebotomist II, Healthcare , Zachary, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!