Medical Staff Coordinator II
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Coordinates Medical Staff meetings,
privileging/credentialing activities, and compilation and review of
standing orders for assigned physicians/areas of responsibility.
Serves as liaison between medical staff, nursing staff, and
administration where assigned. Provides administrative and clerical
support for the department. Serves as a resource and lead worker
for Medical Staff Services.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines and the GHS
Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Manages assigned process for Medical Staff meetings.
* Coordinates all activities associated with meeting management for
assigned areas accurately, and within appropriate time lines for
notifications and correspondence.
* Ensures processes defined by the medical staff bylaws and
department policy and procedure are followed all of the time.
2. Manages assigned privileging and credentialing processes for
Medical Staff, Allied Health, and other assigned staff.
* Maintains a current knowledge base and follows processes as
outlined by JCAHO, legal precedents, Medical Staff Bylaws and
department policy and procedure for initial appointment and
reappointment to the Medical Staff.
* Demonstrates effective execution of the initial appointment and
reappointment processes for assigned area accurately.
* Ensures accuracy, currency, and accessibility of:
o Medical License Malpractice Insurance
o Reappointment Applications
o Continuing Medical Education
* Complies with requirements for National Practitioner Data Bank,
including queries and submission of information.
* Maintains, consistently uses and continuously improves the
credentialing forms, privilege delineation forms, documentation,
filing system and letters needed for credentialing.
* Maintains integrity of credentialing database with timely,
accurate and thorough information.
* Maintains an organized and readily available list of key
physician and Allied Health professionals.
3. Coordinates the compilation, revision and annual review of
standing orders for all physicians.
* Works with new physicians to compile standing orders and works
with Marketing to have orders placed in standard format.
* Distributes standing orders to appropriate areas for review,
obtains final approval from physician and ensures orders are
posted, within established timeframes.
* Revises existing standing orders as needed per physician
instructions and follows established procedure.
* Coordinates annual review of existing standing orders, makes
changes as necessary, and obtains physician approval.
4. Provides support on special projects and department budgetary
requirements as assigned.
* Maintains current working knowledge of Medical Staff Bylaws and
is well versed on content, intent and industry trends.
* Maintains, updates and distributes copies of Medical Staff Bylaws
on an ongoing basis.
* Demonstrates application of specialized knowledge when
participating in research and revision projects.
* Functions as high-level user on applicable software programs and
acts as IT liaison between Medical Staff Services, other internal
departments and vendors.
5. Facilitates dissemination of information/communication to all
appropriate areas as assigned.
* Provides distribution of assigned routine reports.
* Coordinates monthly mailings and completes on a timely basis.
* Provides accurate monthly membership roster to key GHS
* Maintains monthly Medical Staff Calendar accurately.
6. Serves as resource for work group.
* Serves as mentor to new employees.
* Completes orientation checklists with new employees.
* Serves as resource to others in complex situations.
* Assists director with training and evaluation of departmental
* Manages workgroup activity in support of
department/hospital/system performance improvement.
* Coordinates the implementation, and revision, when needed, of
office policies and procedures.
7. Functions as lead worker for group.
* Trains new employees and documents training, according to
* Demonstrates teamwork and actively fosters cooperation both
within the department and with other departments.
* Presents new and creative ideas to improve the quality of
* Acts as a liaison between the Medical Staff, Nursing Staff and
Administration within the parameters established by the Director,
Medical Staff Services.
* Supervises credentialing process of new applicants and
reappointments to the medical staff in compliance with JCAHO and
* Disseminates policies, procedures, memorandums, and any pertinent
documents or information to members of the medical staff.
* Adheres to internal controls established for department.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
3 years experience as Medical Staff Coordinator preferred.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Medical Staff Coordinator preferred.
Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Basic knowledge of computers essential with working knowledge of
word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics programs.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records, both paper and electronic, w/ limitation to
job function, patient demographics, lab and radiology results,
films or cine, surgery and appointment schedule, medical records
related to quality data, patient related complaints, information
related to patient location, and/or research or investigations.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, exposure control plans, hand washing, and
environment of care.
3 years' experience as a Provider Enrollment and Medical Staff
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Medical Staff Coordinator II, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!