Medical Assistant II -Dr. Yorek
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 24, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION:Assist the physician in coordinating care
appropriate for the needs for the age population served, as defined
in the department's scope of service and under the
direction/supervision of the physician, clinic RN and/or clinic
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
- Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
- Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
- Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
- Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
- Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance- Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines and the GHS
Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
- Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
- Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
- Maintains professional relationships with appropriate
officials; communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair
and nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement- Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
- Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
- Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty,
sincerity, and fairness.
- Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement- Employee actively participates
in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates quality
improvement standards in his/her job performance.
- Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving
excellence in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
- Willingly participates in organization and/or department
CRITERIA E: Cost Management- Employee demonstrates effective cost
- Effectively manages time and resources
- Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
- Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety- Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
- Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates
and emphasizes patient and employee safety.
- Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
- Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and
employee safety standards at all times.
- Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
1. Performs basic physical assessment on patients collecting data
essential for treatment.
- Collects all assessment data prior to the physician encounter
in accordance with policy and communicates the presence of emergent
identified problems immediately to the physician.
- Data collected (patients' height, weight, vital signs and
history) is 100% accurate.
2. Performs patient care according to standards of care and the
needs of the patient.
- Administers medications as ordered by physician and adhering to
policy, with 100% accuracy.
- Satisfactorily, performs treatments as prescribed and directed
by physician and adhering to policy.
- Satisfactorily performs independent treatments as patient
condition warrants as ordered by physician, adhering to clinic
policy and protocol.
- Performs phlebotomy as directed by physician, using proper
technique 100% of the time, and in compliance with company
3. Answers and responds to all incoming patient care related phone
- Assesses and accurately determines the purpose of the call
according to policy.
- Discusses the nature of the call with the physician and
responds according to physician instruction.
- Documents, with 100% accuracy, all independent actions and
4. Assists in the data management processes of the clinic.
- Assists with clinic charges, with 100% accuracy, as
- Updates, with 100% accuracy, patient clinical records as
- 5.Performs all other duties as assigned.
1-2 years in the clinic setting
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Completion of a Medical
Assistant program preferred. Current Medical Assistant
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: paper and electronic medical records without limitation,
patient demographics, lab, radiology and films results,
surgery/appt schedules, patient financial and 3rdparty billing
information, patients related complaints, information related to
patient location and religious beliefs.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
incident reporting, handles wastes, sharps and linens, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environmental rounds to
ensure safety, administers meds/bloods products, receives orders
for patients, clinical alarms, collects blood samples for all age
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , Medical Assistant II -Dr. Yorek, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!