RN - Employee Health and Wellness
Company: Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Location: Baton Rouge
Posted on: January 25, 2023
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: To improve the quality of life of
patients and families by coordinating patient care processes of
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in
collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and appropriate
support services for the age population served as defined in the
department's scope of service.
CRITERIA A: Everyday Excellence Values - Employee demonstrates
Everyday Excellence values in the day-to-day performance of their
* Demonstrates courtesy and caring to each other, patients and
their families, physicians, and the community.
* Takes initiative in living our Everyday Excellence values and
* Takes initiative in identifying customer needs before the
* Participates in teamwork willingly and with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrates respect for the dignity and privacy needs of
customers through personal action and attention to the environment
* Keeps customers informed, answers customer questions and
anticipates information needs of customers.
CRITERIA B: Corporate Compliance - Employee demonstrates commitment
to the Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest Guidelines, and the
GHS Corporate Compliance Guidelines.
* Practices diligence in fulfilling the regulatory and legal
requirements of the position and department.
* Maintains accurate and reliable patient/organizational
* Maintains professional relationships with appropriate officials;
communicates honesty and completely; behaves in a fair and
nondiscriminatory manner in all professional contacts.
CRITERIA C: Personal Achievement - Employee demonstrates initiative
in achieving work goals and meeting personal objectives.
* Uses accepted procedures and practices to complete assignments.
Uses creative and proactive solutions to achieve objectives even
when workload and demands are high.
* Adheres to high moral principles of honesty, loyalty, sincerity,
* Upholds the ethical standards of the organization.
CRITERIA D: Performance Improvement - Employee actively
participates in Performance Improvement activities and incorporates
quality improvement standards in his/her job performance.
* Optimizes talents, skills, and abilities in achieving excellence
in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
* Initiates or redesigns to continuously improve work
* Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve approaches to work
* Willingly participates in organization and/or department quality
CRITERIA E: Cost Management - Employee demonstrates effective cost
* Effectively manages time and resources
* Makes conscious effort to effectively utilize the resources of
the organization - material, human, and financial.
* Consistently looks for and uses resource saving processes.
CRITERIA F: Patient & Employee Safety - Employee actively
participates in and demonstrates effective patient and employee
* Employee effectively communicates, demonstrates, coordinates and
emphasizes patient and employee safety.
* Employee proactively reports errors, potential errors, injuries
or potential injuries.
* Employee demonstrates departmental specific patient and employee
safety standards at all times.
* Employee demonstrates the use of proper safety techniques,
equipment and devices and follows safety policies, procedures and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates employee assessment through collection of employee's
* Prioritizes data collection based on the employee's immediate
condition or needs.
* Performs ongoing and systematic comprehensive physical and
* Involves the employee, Human Resources and/or Supervisor as
* Documents employee health assessments in the medical record.
2. Reviews Health Assessments.
? Performs PPD tests under direction of Occupational Health MD.
? Performs post exposure PPD testing under the direction of the
Occupational Health MD.
? Collects urinary drug screens under the direction of the
Occupation Health MD.
? Participates in the performance of biometric screenings on
employee population under the direction of the Occupation Health
3. Coordinates employee follow-up for communicable disease
exposure, blood body fluids under the direction of Occupational
* Collaborates with Infection Control practitioners when suspected
communicable disease has occurred with staff or patients.
* Provide exposure workup and follows up including patient
education, collection specimens for laboratory analysis, monitor
results and tracking of patient progress through exposure protocols
under the direction of the occupational health MD.
* Administer appropriate prophylaxis as directed by the
Occupational Health MD.
4. Performs all other duties as assigned.
3 years nursing experience preferred
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current Louisiana RN licensure
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA
regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited
to: Medical records w/o limitation both paper and electronic,
patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient
information related to surgery or appointment schedules, medical
records related to quality data, patient financial information,
patient billing 3rd party, patient related complaints, information
related to patient location, and/or patients' religious
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety
practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to:
Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE,
exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient
identification, administers medications/blood products, receives
order for patients, validates patients for any procedures/surgery,
transports, monitors or observes patients for procedures including
infusion pumps, monitors clinical alarms, and collects blood
Keywords: Baton Rouge General Medical Center, Baton Rouge , RN - Employee Health and Wellness, Healthcare , Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!